Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB: C6 factory cd/mp3/XM radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:07 PM
mfeijo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would you pay? I am not really sure how much it is worth.. I could include the antenna too ( in case there is not some huge hole drilled under it)

I thought I would not care for navigation, but I really miss it ( I had on my prior car), so I want to get a navigation unit for that space.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 AM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Can you just drop in the XM radio without some kind of modifications? I was under the impression that it was not that easy based on the same experience with my Silverado last year.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:41 PM
ttomczak
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by fair
We ordered a 2005 C6 Z51 but neglected to check off the XM radio option until it was too late. Doh! So we have a stock radio/cd/mp3 player but really wanted to go the XM radio route.

If anyone gets tired of their factory cd/mp3/xm radio and does an upgrade, please keep me in mind for reselling your old radio!

Thanks,
fair@pobox.com

There is a 1SB 6 disc changer radio on Ebay (his reserve is 150.00)...

The XM is a seperate module, have no idea of the wiring required... You need the 1SB radio for XM (as a starting point). Its not compatible with the others (as a GM product). Several aftermarket players are able to be installed in some manner to the radio you have now. (XM Roady etc...)
Old 03-10-2005, 10:27 AM
fair
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Tom... I will start t check eBay for 1SB radios...
Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 AM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ttomczak
There is a 1SB 6 disc changer radio on Ebay (his reserve is 150.00)...

The XM is a seperate module, have no idea of the wiring required... You need the 1SB radio for XM (as a starting point). Its not compatible with the others (as a GM product). Several aftermarket players are able to be installed in some manner to the radio you have now. (XM Roady etc...)
That dude was a quack. I think the radio was stolen. I am looking for one too if anyone takes theirs out to replace with an aftermarket.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: C6 factory cd/mp3/XM radio

Quick Reply: WTB: C6 factory cd/mp3/XM radio