C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning with Airbox, then exhaust

Old 12-21-2005, 07:48 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

Default Tuning with Airbox, then exhaust

If my new Autotap ever shows up, I'm going to do some logging. I plan on either dialing in OR simply recording the adjustments needed for my airbox, THEN doing a final log and tune when I put Supermaxx headers on.

Maybe I'll do like Hall and sell my tunes, or more likely, I'll just give the info away.

Dave
Old 12-21-2005, 08:57 AM
MattW_VA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
If my new Autotap ever shows up, I'm going to do some logging. I plan on either dialing in OR simply recording the adjustments needed for my airbox, THEN doing a final log and tune when I put Supermaxx headers on.

Maybe I'll do like Hall and sell my tunes, or more likely, I'll just give the info away.

Dave
I for one could certainly use some pointers-any info you share will be greatly appreciated..
Old 12-22-2005, 07:25 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

did some logging tonight (airbox only), and my fuel trims are great. Basically around 2-4% added fuel. Starting to look like people having trouble codes with airbox changes must be having leaks behind the MAF.

I'm gonna try and hit the local rear-wheel dyno before my exhaust system comes in.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Brett Hunter
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you found any information on torque management other than just turning it off? Mine has only been adjusted in the TQ by RPM & gear table to match my output. I really do not want to turn off everything due to losing AH and TC for street driving.

Also any ideas on the numbers in the axle, trans and max TQ tables? The factory numbers seem very high in the MN6 cars.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:08 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

it sounds like you've done the right thing, according to Ken Kelly of Carputing. I think the axle/trans table include clutch multiplication, and that is why the numbers are so high. He mentioned that those numbers were likely "high enough".

I'll probably raise my torque by gears 20% or so, and just assume that's enough. I don't plan on raising my power more than about 10%, so 20% should be enough to cover that and then some...
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 PM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

did some logging tonight (airbox only), and my fuel trims are great. Basically around 2-4% added fuel. Starting to look like people having trouble codes with airbox changes must be having leaks behind the MAF.

I'm gonna try and hit the local rear-wheel dyno before my exhaust system comes in.
david, when you said around 2-4% added fuel, are you impling the ecm is seeing the extra air (extra cold oxygen molecule) from home made cold air box and is adding extra 2-4% fuel to kept the GM / stock a/f ratio? 2% added fuel assuming everything is constant here is additional 8hp for a c6? am i understanding you correctly? thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

yes, but it isn't necessarily from the airbox. A totally stock C6 would likely be off a percent or two, from my understanding.

ANYWAY, yes, the O2 sensors are correcting the fuel tables for whatever reason. At this point, we'll say it is due to the airbox. In theory, when I add the less restrictive exhaust, the LTRMS should got up to say 5-8%. From what I've read in various places, you the LTRMS can correct for about 20-25% lean before you throw a code.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:09 PM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

david, did you happen to take a long terms fuel reading before your home make cold air? thanks
Old 02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

yes, but it isn't necessarily from the airbox. A totally stock C6 would likely be off a percent or two, from my understanding.
Mine was off +18-20% stock. Headers, air cleaners, FAST, and ported heads put me at +26 and I got a light. No leaks.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:37 PM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
Mine was off +18-20% stock. Headers, air cleaners, FAST, and ported heads put me at +26 and I got a light. No leaks.
hey spinmonster, do you still have the ls2 intake? if you do any way to post some pictures of the intake runners? was thinking about doing some porting and wants to see if it is even worth doing it. thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 11:14 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

yes, mine were all fine, withing 5% most places, no more than 7-8 max. Now that I've run a few miles and installed my Corsa exhaust, I want to do some serious logging. Might even shut down the MAF and dial in my tables IF they are off much.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning with Airbox, then exhaust

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuning with Airbox, then exhaust