C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed Tune Quality

Old 01-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Radical05
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Texas Speed Tune Quality

Can someone advise on the quality of the tune they received from Texas Speed. I heard great feedback from Corvette Doctor 'Chuck" in Westchester but nothing on Texas Speed. They offer $150 for the tune but is t a good tune or ending up with problems the Vette Doctor has to fix? Please help.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:07 PM
Radical05
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default TexasTune

I guess no one has delt with them or they are not good but no matter mine is done by a good shop now so no need for info now
Old 01-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Mrs. CoW
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gnatsum
Can someone advise on the quality of the tune they received from Texas Speed. I heard great feedback from Corvette Doctor 'Chuck" in Westchester but nothing on Texas Speed. They offer $150 for the tune but is t a good tune or ending up with problems the Vette Doctor has to fix? Please help.
Chuck is a "vette doctor" not "The Vette Doctor"! I have seen plenty of you not being able to make the distinction. No wonder there is so much mud trowing around here
Now for your question, i don't have a clue as far as the quality of work these guys at Texas Speed do. Do a name search on the forum and see if other people have posted stuff about them in the past.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
aaaaa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FireEyes
Chuck is a "vette doctor" not "The Vette Doctor"! I have seen plenty of you not being able to make the distinction. No wonder there is so much mud trowing around here
Now for your question, i don't have a clue as far as the quality of work these guys at Texas Speed do. Do a name search on the forum and see if other people have posted stuff about them in the past.
I have posted questions to them in the past but they have not answered.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Jason 98 TA
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys shoot me a IM with any questions you might have on the tunes. We offer LS1, LS2 & LS7 tunes for you guys looking for a tune

Jason
Texas Speed
www.texas-speed.com
Old 02-08-2006, 02:08 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

I didnt get a tune from them but they do build fast cars and certainly did good tunes to those so one must be assured they know how to. As far as dealing with them on other issues I can assure you they get back to you when you contact them properly (Phone or e-mail) from personal experience and they have great prices. I have dealt with Zack and Jason and they get back to you.

If the method you used to contact them was the internet such as a post and you didnt hear back from them, imagine how silly it would be if someone tried to contact you that way and then posted negative statements about you when you didnt see the post. Pick up the phone

If you dont like a tune you get from them, they can certainly modify it for you.

Originally Posted by aaaaa
I have posted questions to them in the past but they have not answered.

Last edited by SpinMonster; 02-08-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:45 PM
aaaaa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
I didnt get a tune from them but they do build fast cars and certainly did good tunes to those so one must be assured they know how to. As far as dealing with them on other issues I can assure you they get back to you when you contact them properly (Phone or e-mail) from personal experience and they have great prices. I have dealt with Zack and Jason and they get back to you.

If the method you used to contact them was the internet such as a post and you didnt hear back from them, imagine how silly it would be if someone tried to contact you that way and then posted negative statements about you when you didnt see the post. Pick up the phone

If you dont like a tune you get from them, they can certainly modify it for you.
Hey spin, I think thou doth protest too much-what is your motivation? It was Jason's post I responded to with questions but got no response. Is this not the "proper" way? Was I "silly' to respond? And as far as making negative comments, I simply stated the facts-they did not answer my questions, (others were waiting for answers also). If those facts are negative-so be it.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:58 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

I do protest too much....

Too many times a tuner that makes half an effort to be on the forum gets more static than other tuners/vendors which never post and get no complaint. When was the last time you saw a tuner other than A&A, LG, and sometiimes ECS post with info on anything other than their resulting H/C numbers. Maybe the guys that should be bashed are the ones that never post a damn thing unless they were selling something.

Point is- it isn't a requirement for Jason to respond to any post on a forum and I think it is harsh to state anything negative of a tuner that doesnt post at all rather the ones that do should be praised for the free advice. Too many guys think it is a negative if they dont respond as if they get paid to monitor threads looking for questions that if not answered, result in a suggestion that they don't support their products and service. I was aggressively countering the statement you made by assuring others that in my experience, Jason and Zack did in fact go over and above for me.

Sorry if you took it as hostile toward you specifically...... It wasnt meant to be...please forgive.

I think as a whole the corvette forum teaches one thing to tuners and vendors....dont post at all on here and you dont get bashed.

Last edited by SpinMonster; 02-11-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:24 PM
aaaaa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
I do protest too much....

Too many times a tuner that makes half an effort to be on the forum gets more static than other tuners/vendors which never post and get no complaint. When was the last time you saw a tuner other than A&A, LG, and sometiimes ECS post with info on anything other than their resulting H/C numbers. Maybe the guys that should be bashed are the ones that never post a damn thing unless they were selling something.

Point is- it isn't a requirement for Jason to respond to any post on a forum and I think it is harsh to state anything negative of a tuner that doesnt post at all rather the ones that do should be praised for the free advice. Too many guys think it is a negative if they dont respond as if they get paid to monitor threads looking for questions that if not answered, result in a suggestion that they don't support their products and service. I was aggressively countering the statement you made by assuring others that in my experience, Jason and Zack did in fact go over and above for me.

Sorry if you took it as hostile toward you specifically...... It wasnt meant to be...please forgive.

I think as a whole the corvette forum teaches one thing to tuners and vendors....dont post at all on here and you dont get bashed.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:59 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Give me a call.....

Hey pal....If you want to discuss tuning, give me a call anytime....evenings are easier for me to talk.....

I can't tell you what other guys offer, but I'll gladly answer any questions you have and explain to you what it is that I do DIFFERENTLY than other tuners....I have different tools than most tuners and I have some insights into pcms/'tuning that most people have no idea about.....call me and I'll be happy to explain.....

Chuck CoW
Old 02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
johnnybegood
Instructor

Default Texas-Speed

I received a tune from texas-speed, and I have NO warning lights or any other problems. I got a great deal and my car runs great.
Thanks
Jason
Old 02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
0GANGSTERMIKE
Former Vendor

How are you doing. I got my C-6 tuned by Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester and could not be happier with my results. I heard from many satisfied customers before I brought my brand new Vette to him and I'm glad I did. I have alot more power now, no pinging, no check engine lights, just more power. Also what I like about Chuck is that once you pay for a tune from him, you never pay again. If he needs to re-tune for what ever reason (additional mods, etc.) he does not charge you!! Good luck with whom ever you choose!!

Get notified of new replies

To Texas Speed Tune Quality

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Speed Tune Quality