C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS returns to Carlisle with the $99 & up tune special

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:36 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Default ECS returns to Carlisle with the $99 & up tune special

The ECS crew will be in our same location again this year, (looking at the grand stand seating, to the left, diagonally across from the Kerbeck display) we hope to see many of you stopping by to say hi!

We will be offering our mail order style tunes for anyone who is interested, we would also like thank the people who came to us last year for it. We were very surprised by the turnout we had, I was tuning from 6a.m., to dark everyday, (including during a tornado!) and we are very thankful for the happy customers.

Our pricing will be as follows;
$99 for any C5
$125 for a 6 speed C6, or A4 auto
$150 for an A6 C6, which naturally includes the trans tuning.

We will be able to handle any bolt on car, however any internal engine mods will need to be data logged etc, and cannot be properly handled at the show. For those tunes we will need to take care of them at the shop, utilizing our state of the art dyno facility, and street tuning.

Most frequently asked questions;
What is the difference between your Carlisle tune and shop tune?
The difference is that we do not go as aggressive as we could since we are not data logging. Also we cannot tell you if you have other issue's with the car prior to tuning. For instance, if you have a M.A.F. that is completely covered with sludge, this will cause a lean condition, I will not know because I am working off of what should be a properly working vehicle. Or faulty O2 sensors, etc, etc, etc...
A data logged tune would let me see that and a proper repair can be made. It is not common for this to happen on cars that come to us here, but it does occasionally happen. So if you have a stock car that is not running correctly, chances are that the tune will not correct your problem.
How much HP will I gain from your tune?
We generally see a 10-15 rwhp gain, but that's not really where the biggest gains are made. The largest gain on a stock car comes from what is no longer lost rather than what is gained. GM is great at taking away the power they gave us via torque management and so on. We let the car retain the power it is capable of making on a few levels, which is next to impossible to measure unlike a dyno pull.
Will a tune void my warranty?
The dealer is not capable of reading your PCM, it would take you breaking a couple of engines before someone there would want to have your pcm checked out. By that time you should have screamed at your tuner much earlier. It would then have to be shipped to GM where a tech there could break it down and read it. Either way we do not go anywhere near "on the edge" with these tunes as discussed earlier, so that would never be an issue.
Do you lock your tune?
NO! This is your car, you paid for the tune, you will not be permanently locked into doing business with us. We expect to earn our business every time we deal with someone, if you choose to not come back to us then we need to evaluate ourselves, not force you to come back. Plus that is how a dealer can know the car was tuned, when they cant get into the pcm either. That costs you the owner a nice chunk of change to replace the PCM, which I have scene several times now.
Can the car "lose it's tune"?
No, the only way the tune can be "lost" is if the car is re flashed at that dealer. If you do need to go in for warranty or servicing, you need to make it very clear that you do not want the car re flashed. I would also tape over your data port and/or put a note in the car itself because the service writer doesn't always remember to tell the tech.
What can I expect from this tune?
You can expect a gain in fuel economy of approximately 1-3 mpg, naturally a performance gain, automatics will get firmer/quicker shifts, fan temps lowered, torque management adjustments, crisper mid range power, any SES lights taken care of if you have had mods like headers installed, we can set the factory shift light if desired, remove the skip shift on six speeds, and adjustments for any other mod you have installed while at the show. Plus we can accommodate you if you have a particular custom need for your car, as long as we feel it can be properly handled.

If anyone has any other questions that I missed, please feel free to ask and I'll add it to my post. I hope to see many of you guys and gals there, please stop by and see some of the new products we have on display. We will be debuting a handful of brand new products that we have manufactured, and have been holding out on until Carlisle to release!

Thanks again for all of your support and business, we sincerely appreciate it!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:20 PM
RanGer498
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$99 for any C5

Old 08-19-2008, 08:35 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by RanGer498
$99 for any C5

Pretty clearly written, but thanks for clarifying.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:53 PM
RanGer498
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Pretty clearly written, but thanks for clarifying.
Well the topic to me was misleading since this is the c6 area not the c5 area and was looking for a $99 buck tune for my c6
So i think it should read "ECS returns to Carlisle with the $125 & up tune special"
at least in the c6 area.

but thats just me
Old 08-21-2008, 12:47 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

See you there tomorrow guys. Need to check out the coilovers you will have on display. PLEASE dont sell them to me, PLEASE DONT!!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:06 PM
greekc6
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

wow i still cant believe dougs running this price again. keep up the good tuning

Get notified of new replies

To ECS returns to Carlisle with the $99 & up tune special

Quick Reply: ECS returns to Carlisle with the $99 & up tune special