C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG tune with c6 automatic

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 01:26 PM
wcrmltd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG tune with c6 automatic

I plan on going out to LG Monday to talk a bout tune and would like to see if anybody running a C6 2008 with Auto trans has had the TM turned off and what issues they had if or when it was done.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Received 1,412 Likes on 625 Posts

I've had TM (all four parameters) turned off for almost two years now and have not had any issues (knock on wood) .
Old 09-20-2009, 10:45 AM
wcrmltd
Intermediate

can you tell me the different parameters and what they control. or is tgere a place i can go to learn.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wcrmltd
can you tell me the different parameters and what they control. or is tgere a place i can go to learn.
The different parameters are:

Upshift - controls TM on the upshift

Power downshift - controls TM on heavy throttle downshift

CT (closed throttle) downshift - controls TM when downshifting with your foot off the throttle

Garage shift - controls TM when shifting between gears, for example, from Park to Drive, Drive to Reverse etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:48 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

i dont let anyone but LG touch my car..They know exactly what they are doing and their tuners are TOP NOTCH!. you picked an awesome shop
Old 09-20-2009, 05:50 PM
wcrmltd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dave O

CT (closed throttle) downshift - controls TM when downshifting with your foot off the throttle

Garage shift - controls TM when shifting between gears, for example, from Park to Drive, Drive to Reverse etc.

Hope this helps.
This helps. can you tell me what is keeping the power or torq from coming on at lower RPM. something in the system is keeping torq down until either the clutch in the auto trans are full engaged or it feels this way. up in the rpm range it really seems to turn things loose. what is keeping it down in the program if not TM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
wcrmltd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dave O

Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
i dont let anyone but LG touch my car..They know exactly what they are doing and their tuners are TOP NOTCH!. you picked an awesome shop

plus they are in my back yard thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

How is a mail order tune from LG? Anyone have them do it?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wcrmltd
This helps. can you tell me what is keeping the power or torq from coming on at lower RPM. something in the system is keeping torq down until either the clutch in the auto trans are full engaged or it feels this way. up in the rpm range it really seems to turn things loose. what is keeping it down in the program if not TM.
Many things can cause this. TM is one, another is the fact that with the A6 the car shifts way to damn early. To keep gas mileage up, our cars run at around 1300 rpm when cruising. This is just too low when you jump on it, causing some hesitation.

I had my shift points changed when I had my car tuned. My car now shifts at about 2000 rpm in all gears. The car now cruises at around 1500-1800 rpm. When I jump on it, the car is more in the power band of the rpm range, giving me less of a hesitation, and instant power.

Have both your car and tranny tuned and it will feel like a different car.

Get notified of new replies

To LG tune with c6 automatic

Quick Reply: LG tune with c6 automatic