C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 to LS9 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LS3 to LS9 swap

I have a friend with a 2009 Corvette that has ordered a new LS9 to swap in place of the LS3.

It seems pretty straight forward. The actual motor will be a drop in, he'll get a z06 cat back and mid pipes. He has arranged for a intercooler, a reservoir, and a lingenfelter oil tank with lines. The plan is also to add a larger fuel pump.

AFAIK, all of the sensors should plug in, and it seems to me that all that is needed is a good tune to bring all of this together. The problem, is that he read an article in Hot Rod magazine that states Hennessey Performance has problems with the LS3 ECM communicating with the LS9 engine. The article says that HPE is going to wire in a ZR1 ecu.

anyone have any ideas about this?

Tony
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 PM
C6Someday
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No ideas here but that sounds like an awesome project, I hope to see lots of pics when its done and hopefully everything falls into place smoothly.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:20 PM
0Corvettes of Dallas - Parts
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KLLRVET
I have a friend with a 2009 Corvette that has ordered a new LS9 to swap in place of the LS3.

It seems pretty straight forward. The actual motor will be a drop in, he'll get a z06 cat back and mid pipes. He has arranged for a intercooler, a reservoir, and a lingenfelter oil tank with lines. The plan is also to add a larger fuel pump.

AFAIK, all of the sensors should plug in, and it seems to me that all that is needed is a good tune to bring all of this together. The problem, is that he read an article in Hot Rod magazine that states Hennessey Performance has problems with the LS3 ECM communicating with the LS9 engine. The article says that HPE is going to wire in a ZR1 ecu.

anyone have any ideas about this?

Tony
Interesting! Have you guys tried contacting them?

I would like to see this project as well.

Corvettes of Dallas

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 to LS9 swap

Quick Reply: LS3 to LS9 swap