C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Bracket Race Corvette - Old School Racer Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 04:00 PM
68RSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Bracket Race Corvette - Old School Racer Conversion

I recently sold all my serious Drag Racing stuff (8-sec SB Camaro, SB Dragster). Don't have the time for the full tilt racing program anymore. Still cleaning out the garage – EBAY is making good money on me.

Bought an ‘05 Corvette that I'm planning to "refine" with Headers, CAI, Thermostat, Drag Radials and a tune-up. Will stop short of changing the Torque Converter as that’s the point where drivability and fuel mileage both start to head south.

Plan on Bracket Racing this car a couple of times per month but this will be my fair-weather daily driver. From what I gather - the above mods should have me knocking on the 11.90 door.

I'm doing a lot of research on ECM Reprogrammers.

A couple of questions –

• If I do an initial chassis dyno-tune (likely some other Software) – can I modify later with the Diablosport Tuner?

• Will Diablosport assist with modifying parameters that I might not be able to do with a U-7191? (i.e. TCM, etc).

• Will the mods listed above cause the ECM to display a “Service Engine Code” with the factory installed ECM tune?

• Does O2 Sensor relocation in the Exhaust System mess with the ECM function?

• Anything else I’m missing here?

Comments welcomed.

Thanks -

Chip
Old 10-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Headers will cause a check engine light 99% of the time, the p0430 cat efficiency code. A tuner can turn that off.

I would purchase HP Tuners so you can scan your runs, see if you're getting knock, adjust spark if so, etc. It's a lot of fun and not hard to learn.

As a seasoned bracket racer you know the value of tracking information to a tee...and scanning your runs will let you do that.

Some hard core guys purchase EFI live which lets you limit your throttle opening for brackets...though at your mods you won't need to do that. And I think HP tuners will not give you that table if you want it.

You'll get more responses if you post this up in the Drag Racing section by the way. Jpee does exactly what you want to do with his 05 and he'll tell you a tune is the way to go. The stock tune pulls way too much timing based on IAT to be consistent. Once you zero or limit that table, the car will be very consistent.

Quick Reply: 2005 Bracket Race Corvette - Old School Racer Conversion