C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which tuner for me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:30 PM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Which tuner for me?

Hi guys and girls.
Here's my first question since joining up here....and I searched, but can't seem to find a definitive answer...I know there's a lot of vendors here so I don't want to step on anyones' toes so a PM reply would be fine for a straightforward, honest answer if you're worried about doing the same...

Which tuner/software is right for me? Or do I even need a tuner? (Of course I do, I don't plan on "stock") I have an '08 LS3/A6 and I haven't messed with a tuner since the mid-90's TBI Hypertechs and Nology stuff. So I know exactly jack about whats around these days.

I've looked at Diablo, HP, EFI, etc...and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm not a tuner by any stretch. But the option to adjust the tune upon installing a new part is key for me...even if it's emailing it to someone else to look at, tweak, or cross check. Plus the ability to have a custom tune without overnighting parts back and forth would be nice. I'd love a Chuck/CoW tune, but from what I've seen so far it's all mail-order or catching him in your part of the country. And if I add a supercharger or headers later, then what?

Another thing, I'd like to be able to tweak the A6. It's a great trans, but hearing about the great improvements the A6 guys are having with tuning, I just gotta see for myself. And as I add a TC or rear gears, tuning the A6 properly to work in harmony is a must.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

The most user friendly tuner is HP Tuners. You can buy the cable and software. They have a forum that can walk you through several things. You can also purchase tunes from vendors here. We offer specials on these. Feel free to give me a call. I will try to help point you in the right direction.

RAGIN RACIN
Randy Leger
337-278-8397
sales@raginracin.com
http://www.raginracin.com

Old 11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Your best bet is to buy EFI LIVE.....

Originally Posted by filmjay
Hi guys and girls.
Here's my first question since joining up here....and I searched, but can't seem to find a definitive answer...I know there's a lot of vendors here so I don't want to step on anyones' toes so a PM reply would be fine for a straightforward, honest answer if you're worried about doing the same...

Which tuner/software is right for me? Or do I even need a tuner? (Of course I do, I don't plan on "stock") I have an '08 LS3/A6 and I haven't messed with a tuner since the mid-90's TBI Hypertechs and Nology stuff. So I know exactly jack about whats around these days.

I've looked at Diablo, HP, EFI, etc...and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm not a tuner by any stretch. But the option to adjust the tune upon installing a new part is key for me...even if it's emailing it to someone else to look at, tweak, or cross check. Plus the ability to have a custom tune without overnighting parts back and forth would be nice. I'd love a Chuck/CoW tune, but from what I've seen so far it's all mail-order or catching him in your part of the country. And if I add a supercharger or headers later, then what?

Another thing, I'd like to be able to tweak the A6. It's a great trans, but hearing about the great improvements the A6 guys are having with tuning, I just gotta see for myself. And as I add a TC or rear gears, tuning the A6 properly to work in harmony is a must.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Your best bet is to buy EFI LIVE..... from me.

It is the finest tool available for tuning GM vehicles and purchasing it links you to me directly for customer service.

If you're driving ANY GM A6 vehicle, a quick check of the forums will tell you about what I offer.

Efi Live and MY A6 tune is what you want.

Call me any time if you have questions.
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Which tuner for me?

Quick Reply: Which tuner for me?