C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worth tuning a stock grand sport?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
That sounds good, but it would be good to see what the tune does by itself. Do you know what kind of mods he has and is he A6 or M6? I just bought a new A6 GS and since I don't live in the US, I'm looking for a tuning solution where I can keep updating the tune each time I add headers, cam etc and can store tunes and make adjustments without having to lug around a laptop.
For now I'm going to put a Halltech MF103 CAI on it and after a while add headers etc. I can only imagine that with a good tranny tune alone, an A6 vette should drop at least 2-3 tenths in the 1/4. I know it made a big difference on my '08 Sierra Denali.
He is A6, with just a stock Z06 CAI/intake and a set of longtubes....
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
He is A6, with just a stock Z06 CAI/intake and a set of longtubes....
Damn! Now you've got my attention!
Am I right that the Trinity can store anybody's email tune? So, for example, if I buy a blower in the future, I can get an email tune and load it in the trinity and then into my car, correct?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Russodiablosport
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I right that the Trinity can store anybody's email tune? So, for example, if I buy a blower in the future, I can get an email tune and load it in the trinity and then into my car, correct?
Yes that is correct. You can contact any of our CMR dealers for a custom tune which loads onto the Trinity.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

I stole a quote from another thread from him:

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
I hold the "Grand Sport" (Bolt-Ons) record (Post#5572) at the moment; with CAI (Home Made "OEM"), Headers and a "canned" 93 DiabloSport Tune on stock runflats, just those three items= 11.52 @121.89 MPH.

Check it out, the LS3 "Grand Sport" guy in second place (Post#4577) has all the same stuff but more expensive and I "believe" a professional dyno tune.

PS: Second place is over 4 tenths and 3 mph slower and I weigh 260 lbs to boot. That's my car to the left after a good workout

Edit: I have been working out (beating up) on some "modified" (factory 580 HP) ZL1's and Supercharged Cadillacs at the track lately.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

SOLD! This Grand Sport Man dude must be good at launching to run those times on stock runflats.
So, can I order one of these from you guys direct (off your website?) or should I get one from ECS or one of your other dealers? I like the Trinity as it has some neat features, like the virtual dragstrip option.
BTW: I live overseas, so I would need it shipped to me via FedEx or UPS. Please send me a PM on what I should do. Thx.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

SOLD! This Grand Sport Man dude must be good at launching to run those times on stock runflats.
So, can I order one of these from you guys direct (off your website?) or should I get one from ECS or one of your other dealers? I like the Trinity as it has some neat features, like the virtual dragstrip option.
BTW: I live overseas, so I would need it shipped to me via FedEx or UPS. Please send me a PM on what I should do. Thx.
We don't sell direct, but yes, there are several vendors here that would be happy to sell you a Trinity
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
We don't sell direct, but yes, there are several vendors here that would be happy to sell you a Trinity
Thanks. I have to say that I'm impressed by the support that you guys give on your products. I will order one of these ASAP. Thanks again. Once I get the car (I'm still waiting for it to be shipped to me) I will break it in and do a comparison between the stock and 93 octane tune and report back on here with the results. I'm assuming that it would be best to run a 160 degree thermostat with that tune, just to be safe?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

The t-stat is not needed
Old 07-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Crackberry
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am trying to use a i2 Diablo Sport to tune my 2017 Grand Sport and it is not moving from the ECM Log Exported and just sits there. Am I doing something wrong???

Quick Reply: Worth tuning a stock grand sport?