C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Total timing, 6l80 trans tuning and knock retard on e85 questions

Old 02-03-2014, 12:48 PM
fonzo
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Total timing, 6l80 trans tuning and knock retard on e85 questions

Just curious what an average of the normal total timing that can be run on an 08 ls3 vette with e85. I believe we stopped at about 28 for the time being, but wwas just curious what range we may need to be aiming for. I understand that every car is different, but just trying to get a general idea.

Also, would anyone be able to provide me with a transmission tune for a 6l80. I have a cai, c6z exhaust and a direct port nitrous setup. I'm using efilive as well.

one last question, while we were trying to tune the nitrous, we kept getting inconsistent back to back dyno pulls. 1 or 2 passes would be fine and then we would see between 6-9.5 counts of knock retard. Would anyone be willing to take a look at my tune file and let me know what may be going on? Or even just throw out some ideas as to what is going on as this is pretty unusual for e85. We even took a bunch of timing out to make sure and we'd get the same scenarios.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:34 PM
CUSVT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribing. Id like to know peoples inputs on the trans tuning as well. Mine shifts great on motor but on N20 it wont shift. Maybe needs more pressure? All my TM is taken out and shift times are .01
Old 02-04-2014, 06:57 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CUSVT
Subscribing. Id like to know peoples inputs on the trans tuning as well. Mine shifts great on motor but on N20 it wont shift. Maybe needs more pressure? All my TM is taken out and shift times are .01
I would try longer shift times. These trannies need a bit of time to shift when under power. It needs time to release once clutch and apply the next.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:12 AM
CUSVT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I would try longer shift times. These trannies need a bit of time to shift when under power. It needs time to release once clutch and apply the next.
Awesome will try that, What about line pressure limits in high rpms. They look low.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Alvin@PCMofNC
Supporting Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We recently converted the fastest NA stock short block trailblazer SS to E85. We've done a handful of turbo and supercharged cars converted to flexfuel or straight e85. The supercharged stuff can take as much as 6 degrees more on E85 but the NA stuff either likes the same timing or slightly more or less.

Quite often E85 will never knock it just loose power with extra timing.

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227

Get notified of new replies

To Total timing, 6l80 trans tuning and knock retard on e85 questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Total timing, 6l80 trans tuning and knock retard on e85 questions