C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune for a 2006 stock ls2

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:54 AM
ray_ray
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default tune for a 2006 stock ls2

wondering if a tune will help a stock car perform better..its an automatic and seems sluggish...thanks all
Old 02-18-2014, 02:06 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

You'd find that when your Corvette has an aftermarket calibration, your cruising MPG improve, shifts are firmer and quicker, and the overall performance of the vehicle improves because of the additional dialed in HP gained with the calibration.

Stock the vehicles usually have a couple degrees of knock pulling timing out and are rich in fuel.

Phil
Old 02-18-2014, 05:05 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

the intune 93 octane tune coupled with the firm tranny shifts plus the ported throttle body really woke up my a4 ls2. i'll be installing headers and the fast 102 as my next mods.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:31 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
You'd find that when your Corvette has an aftermarket calibration, your cruising MPG improve, shifts are firmer and quicker, and the overall performance of the vehicle improves because of the additional dialed in HP gained with the calibration.

Stock the vehicles usually have a couple degrees of knock pulling timing out and are rich in fuel.

Phil
What do you think of the intune hand held tuners?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:13 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Diablosport Intune or Trinity!! I have the intune and 93 "diablo" tune with firm shifts and it's great!!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:35 AM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

We have remote tuning options that can turn the new 6 speed autos into a bullet compared to stock. And still remain civilized and possibly get better mpg. And with our packages, we can tune later on for if you decide to do like the rest of CF and mod away!

Let us know if we can be of further/tuning assistance!

Last edited by COSPEED; 03-06-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:58 AM
ray_ray
Pro

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
We have remote tuning options that can turn the new 6 speed autos into a bullet compared to stock. And still remain civilized and possibly get better mpg. And with our packages, we can tune later on for if you decide to do like the rest of CF and mod away!

Let us know if we can be of further/tuning assistance!
I would definatly like to find out more. . How would I go about getting this done . Thanks ray
Old 02-26-2014, 02:13 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by ray_ray
I would definatly like to find out more. . How would I go about getting this done . Thanks ray
You can email us at the link below and we can get you fixed up in no time!

Last edited by COSPEED; 02-27-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
ray_ray
Pro

You can email us at the link below and we can get you fixed up in no time!
What link?....I don't see a link to go to...
Old 02-26-2014, 04:17 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

http://www.coloradospeed.com/remote-tuning-ezp-86.html

There ya go

Last edited by COSPEED; 03-06-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 PM
tondss
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much is HP tuners pro?
How often do you tune ls2?
What's your best tune in a cam only ls2?
Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

The HPT Pro alone is 649 shipped.
I have tuned MANY LS2s. As far as average that is hard to say. One a month on avg sometimes 2. More LS3s than LS2s lately and trucks. But quite a few LS2 swaps into other things like Fbodies and trucks.
There is no such thing as a "best tune" Every car is completely different. If you check out the link you will find a dyno graph of (what is considered) a cam only 05 LS2 C6. It was in bad shape when it came in. That cam was a 22x/23x 114.

You cannot gain the same HP from every LS2 esp since the cams are so different.

Last edited by COSPEED; 03-06-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:48 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yes, a DiabloSport inTune or Trinity would work wonders for your car...

The diablosport tools have the most end-user adjustable parameters available than any others... complete data logging capabilities and full parameter support.. restore original backup stock tunes at any time and no worries about warranty/dealers... PLUS, you can get CUSTOM TUNING done for the diablo tools, which you can not with the others - you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on them...

And I can certainly get you hooked up with a custom tune for your car as well, to gain you even more performance...

www.diablewtune.com

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-04-2014, 01:58 AM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

You are not correct with the tunes we offer. We include HP Tuners in our remote tuning options, so they have the ability to change anything they want should they want and they even get guidance into what exactly is being done to the vehicle and why.

I know of NO OTHER company that will do that.

The end user can do so much more with HPT than an inTune or the Trinity.
We dont do "mail order tunes". We do REMOTE tunes. There is a big difference.
Plus they can tune up to 3 more vehicles with our option.

Last edited by COSPEED; 03-04-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

uhhh... they can only do anything different as long as they have HPTuners software themselves already... heh...

plus, I didn't say my custom tuning was a "mail order tune"... I have my customers do data logging and everything for me, so I see exactly how their vehicle is running, and can base my CUSTOM TUNE adjustments off of their real-world data that was recorded from their vehicle... and my customer support is 2nd to NONE... so I don't know where exactly your coming from, but obviously you don't know who I am and I'm sure your reply wasn't directed towards me... so yes, we both offer viable tuning options...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-04-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:26 AM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
uhhh... they can only do anything different as long as they have HPTuners software themselves already... heh...

plus, I didn't say my custom tuning was a "mail order tune"... I have my customers do data logging and everything for me, so I see exactly how their vehicle is running, and can base my CUSTOM TUNE adjustments off of their real-world data that was recorded from their vehicle... and my customer support is 2nd to NONE... so I don't know where exactly your coming from, but obviously you don't know who I am and I'm sure your reply wasn't directed towards me... so yes, we both offer viable tuning options...
If you read my post, that is what I am talking about. Nor did I infer yours was a "mail order tune". It appeared you were talking about mail order tunes, so I gave you the facts about our service. We do that very same thing you do as far as logging and tuning, but we go a step further...well more than just one.

I know exactly who you are. You have no idea who I am. HEH.

But let us keep this pleasant and not **** on the thread any more.

Last edited by COSPEED; 03-06-2014 at 12:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Svoboost (04-04-2021)
Old 03-08-2014, 06:35 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
the intune 93 octane tune coupled with the firm tranny shifts plus the ported throttle body really woke up my a4 ls2. i'll be installing headers and the fast 102 as my next mods.
All good things to do... I had 05 with Kooks Headers, Vararam CAI, Ported LS2 intake and a 2800 converter, and a CARTEK TUNE the car is an (A4) I have run a best of 11.59 @ 118 mph...
Then I blew it up on the dyno, and now it has a 403" ci stroker motor, with a FAST 102 intake, Kooks, Vararam intake & I kept the same 2800 converter..

I plan on going to the track tomorrow and hopefully will see a 10 sec time slip...

Get notified of new replies

To tune for a 2006 stock ls2

Old 03-23-2014, 10:26 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by ray_ray
What do you think of the intune hand held tuners?
Not a fan of them. Not much more of a gain.
HP Tuners or EFI live programs are the best.

I just use HP Tuner
Old 03-23-2014, 03:11 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default Mph = Hp

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
Not a fan of them. Not much more of a gain.
HP Tuners or EFI live programs are the best.

I just use HP Tuner
I have always been a "Just the facts type of guy". So if you are not a "tuner" yourself then Intune is the way to go in my book. As stated you can get custom tuning done with the Intune if you like, but also you can make changes for yourself with the tool. With all the benefits/service the DiabloSport products offer is why I went with them.

Now for some real world info; with "just" a "canned" Intune tune, cai & headers on sticky tires my Grand Sport holds the GS "bolt-on" record for now (11.32 @"125 mph"), second and third place running the same "type" of mods but with I believe "dyno tunes" are not even in the same ball park! Oh and that's a fact, Jack.

The battle between who/what is best will continue "I'm sure".

Make your own mind up and don't jump on anything until you do a little checking and weigh all the pro's and con's. That's what I do.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 03-23-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

ray_ray, Yes on the tune on the stock A4 to really waking it up.

As for the question of how you get the tune in the car, its the tricky part.

If you are going to a local Dyno shop, then they just plug in the system that they are using to tune, you pay the software use and the tune/dyno price, and its a done deal for around $400.

If someone is doing a remote tune, either you need to send in the ECU, or you need a interface so you can program the tune in through the ObdII port with the ECU in the car at your end.

This is the tricky part, and depending the software used for the tune, can be either on the cheaper side if you send in the ECU, or in the case of HP tuner, very expensive since they don't have Autocal's like EFI live that can be sent to the consumer with a deposit, to be used by the end user to program the tune into the ecu via the Obdii port, and sent back when done instead.

If you don't mind a canned tune, then ECS charges $150 for a tune, but you have to pull and send in the ECU so they can program it at their end. Price wise over all from there, then you get into the price of owning the cable/programer/software, and that starts in the hundreds of dollars alone (before you even get into the price of what the tuner is going to charge you for the tune itself).

So the two questions that you want to ask any remote turner, what is going to be the price of the tune, and then what is needed/how much is it going to cost to get the tune programmed in the car remotely as well.

Quick Reply: tune for a 2006 stock ls2