C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DiabLew tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 PM
JoshBarber
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DiabLew tune

Just got my DiabLew tune.

I bought my tune and within minutes (under 5) had a response from Lew, I sent my logs and tunes and got my custom tune back in break neck speed.

The tune itself is still bedding in but my car feels different already. A marked improvement of the DiabloSport tune, which I enjoyed.

All in for the custom tune and the InTune I got a cheap fun tune, from a great guy in Lew, thanks again!
Old 08-04-2015, 05:13 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Agree 100%. It's like a different car.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:24 PM
bdunwiddie59
Intermediate

Thinking bout getting one. Would u please specify how its an improvement over Diablo tune? And what Vette u got.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 PM
jetbluu
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default DiabLew tune

I have an intune and I didn't notice much of a difference using the 91 octane tune, in California and no 93 octane where I'm at.

I have an 07' mn6 z51 with vararam intake and zo6 manifolds/cats/h-pipe into a flow master axle back. I'm hoping I feel a good difference with a diablew tune which I'll do in the near future.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Thorn811
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default Same here....

I have a 07 manual with a Airaid intake, I got a custom tune from Lew and his service was great . Quick response and great instructions for the process. After installing the tune the response felt better and the car felt quicker. I did not do a dyno before and after so I am just going by the way it feels to me (seat of the pants).

Would I recommend Lew's tune "YES", for the cost I feel it was worth it and he offers to you a new tune as needed with your upgrades for a nominal cost.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:43 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Yes, I give free tune updates for 1 year with my tuning service...

www.facebook.com/DiabLewTuneGM --- www.diablewtune.com

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpm's, better tranny performance/shifting (for automatics), etc...

I change a lot of things... a small sample of just SOME of the things are: disable the DOD/AFM (if applicable), disable torque management, adjust part-throttle fueling/timing, WOT fueling/timing, knock retard settings, throttle settings, tranny torque, tranny torque management, tranny shifting settings (for automatics - pressure/firmness, shift points, quickness), etc...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 2 mpg increase... tough to say due to all of the variables in play - which is why there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains.

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

In the past, I have gained people anywhere from 12-39 hp, and 10-35 lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 3 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, driving style/habits, etc all played a role in who gained what...

I give free tune updates for 1 year, so if you were to add a cai, headers, cat-back exhaust, remove cats, you'd just let me know.. I'd have you do some new data logs for me, and I'd send you an updated custom tune file. After 1 year, it would be just $75 for tune updates, and that would cover you for another 6 months.

I do not do email tuning for aftermarket turbos, superchargers, medium/large cams.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-05-2015, 11:36 AM
JoshBarber
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bdunwiddie59
Thinking bout getting one. Would u please specify how its an improvement over Diablo tune? And what Vette u got.
I have an LS2 A6 Z51 'vert. With the custom tune, the car is more responsive, it feels like it is pushing down a lot more power faster.
The stock Diablotune (93 Octane) was a decent jump from the stock tune, but the tranny tune didnt rock my world. The Lew tune has made the gearbox more aggressive as well. My reasoning behind the custom tune was I had fitted the Vararam intake and wanted to exploit the car gulping in air, so my view may be blinkered.

For $145 you cant really do much better, and I got my tune so fast from Lew that I felt i was rushing to keep up with him, that says a lot about his work ethic, I bought his service and thought I was rushing to keep up with his delivery.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Jack Forbes
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lews tune

I bought the Intune and custom tune from Lew and me not being computer smart Lew took the time to help me through it the car has quicker throttle response and the tranny is a much more firmer feel the car is much quicker in ever way haven't had a chance to check gas mileage so again thanks you every so much Lew what a guy
Old 08-17-2015, 01:16 PM
2006corvetteman
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Default DiabLew tune

I have an LS2 A6 Z51 'vert. With the custom tune, the car is more responsive, it feels like it is pushing down a lot more power faster.
The stock Diablotune (93 Octane) was a decent jump from the stock tune, but the tranny tune didnt rock my world. The Lew tune has made the gearbox more aggressive as well. My reasoning behind the custom tune was I had fitted the Vararam intake and wanted to exploit the car gulping in air, so my view may be blinkered.
Hi. I was wondering if you could give me some insight into the "D" driving mode (not S or paddle) of both the Diablo and Diablew tunes. I too have an LS2 A6 vert ( not Z51) and do enjoy the docile GM tune when I'm just cruising. Do either or both of the tunes maintain the "cruising mode"? I guess I just want the best of both worlds, docile cruising but hard crisper shifting when you stomp on it. Thanks for any feedback
Old 08-17-2015, 04:46 PM
JoshBarber
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2006corvetteman
Hi. I was wondering if you could give me some insight into the "D" driving mode (not S or paddle) of both the Diablo and Diablew tunes. I too have an LS2 A6 vert ( not Z51) and do enjoy the docile GM tune when I'm just cruising. Do either or both of the tunes maintain the "cruising mode"? I guess I just want the best of both worlds, docile cruising but hard crisper shifting when you stomp on it. Thanks for any feedback
So on the InTune, you can also tune the transmission. (I am not a tuner so I might get corrected out of sight here!)

That said I had the DiabloSport tune and the hard shift transmission tune set, and I didnt notice any huge aggressive grabs at the gears in "D" or "S".

With my DiablLew tune, in "D" its pretty tame, however in "S" its really aggressive as you ramp up the gas pedal mashing.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:05 PM
2006corvetteman
Instructor

Originally Posted by JoshBarber
So on the InTune, you can also tune the transmission. (I am not a tuner so I might get corrected out of sight here!)

That said I had the DiabloSport tune and the hard shift transmission tune set, and I didnt notice any huge aggressive grabs at the gears in "D" or "S".

With my DiablLew tune, in "D" its pretty tame, however in "S" its really aggressive as you ramp up the gas pedal mashing.
Thank you for the info. I also have a post waiting for Diablew to answer a similar question. The more knowledge the better I guess. Thanks again!

Last edited by 2006corvetteman; 08-17-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

The TCM changes are minimal when you are light on the throttle, it doesn't get firm until you are driving more aggressively.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 PM
2006corvetteman
Instructor

Default DiabLew tune

The TCM changes are minimal when you are light on the throttle, it doesn't get firm until you are driving more aggressively.
Thank you, that helps me understand a bit better. Forgive my noobness but TMC=?
Old 08-18-2015, 07:27 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006corvetteman
Thank you, that helps me understand a bit better. Forgive my noobness but TMC=?
transmission control module
Old 08-18-2015, 09:32 AM
2006corvetteman
Instructor

Default DiabLew tune

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To DiabLew tune

Quick Reply: DiabLew tune