C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My quick vitesse throttle control review

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:07 PM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default My quick vitesse throttle control review

I just installed mine, it took about 10 minutes, super easy install.
WOW!!! Not only is it incredibly responsive, the car feels faster and feels like I added a set of 411 gears. Until you have one, you won't know.
If I had to choose between a tune or the throttle control as my first mod? I would pick the throttle control hands down. "Buy it" and fall in love with your vette all over again.
Here's the link It's only a $179 and it has like 15 separate positions too!
http://vitesse-motorsports.com/throt...orvette-c6.htm
Tim

Last edited by yellowmnm; 09-20-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: fogot
Old 09-08-2015, 06:36 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

I bought mine a while ago but didnt install it before I sent my car to get a sc installed. I wonder if I need to hold off on this or if I should install it once I get the car back... glad to see another success install.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:31 AM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

Omg for 179$ the best money ever spent on my Vette. It changed the way the transmission shifts, stays in lower gears longer... Feels like I added a stall convertor to it because of the way it lights up the tires and gets the turbos spinning.
Big grins
Old 09-14-2015, 02:32 PM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by c5wolf
Omg for 179$ the best money ever spent on my Vette. It changed the way the transmission shifts, stays in lower gears longer... Feels like I added a stall convertor to it because of the way it lights up the tires and gets the turbos spinning.
Big grins
I wonder if this box is loading different transmission settings to the tune file?
Old 09-14-2015, 03:20 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,665 Likes on 1,697 Posts

Originally Posted by regorih
I wonder if this box is loading different transmission settings to the tune file?
Depending on the setting it's just making the throttle opening more aggressive, which in turn affects when the transmission downshifts, based on the throttle % open. The OEM throttle programming is non-linear, with the throttle only open about 20% when you have the gas pedal 50% to the floor. The Vitesse makes gives the throttle a more linear response, like a cable-driven throttle.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:54 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by regorih
lol, no. Absolutely not.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Hanlon's Law
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I completely agree that the car feels faster when you press the gas pedal 20% down and get 40% throttle opening instead of 20% throttle opening (not real numbers, simply an example), but that also means you have less precise control over the throttle since less movement = more opening. It should also be noted that the gas pedal in stock form is capable of opening the throttle to 100%, and this device will not change that. I just want it to be clear to any reading that it does not increase acceleration like adding 50hp or 4.11 gears, only perception because you are accustomed to the stock throttle curve.

Anyway I'm sure my post sounds like a broken record on this topic. I'm not trying to flame or shoot someone down, again my point is to be clear about what these throttle control modules do. I'll leave it at that.
The following users liked this post:
zras01 (05-19-2016)
Old 09-15-2015, 03:10 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanlon's Law
I completely agree that the car feels faster when you press the gas pedal 20% down and get 40% throttle opening instead of 20% throttle opening (not real numbers, simply an example), but that also means you have less precise control over the throttle since less movement = more opening. It should also be noted that the gas pedal in stock form is capable of opening the throttle to 100%, and this device will not change that. I just want it to be clear to any reading that it does not increase acceleration like adding 50hp or 4.11 gears, only perception because you are accustomed to the stock throttle curve.

Anyway I'm sure my post sounds like a broken record on this topic. I'm not trying to flame or shoot someone down, again my point is to be clear about what these throttle control modules do. I'll leave it at that.
Do you have one on your car?
Old 09-15-2015, 03:36 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by mbowers13
Do you have one on your car?
I don't know if he does or not, but I do... and he is 100% correct about the "doesn't add 50hp" or better gearing or transmission tuning.

I like the product... I have it installed on my SC'd C6 in my sig. It helps tip-in throttle response for sure. You do get to 100% quicker (and every % of WOT, for that matter) ... so, in theory, if you and another car making the _same_ HP did an acceleration pull, you would be quicker b/c you get to WOT faster (a split second faster).

The great thing is that the driver can tailor it to his/her own sensitivity level. I started at SP6 b/c many others have reported that to be a good setting, but I backed it down to SP4... probably b/c I have a modded car, and it seems to work well with my right foot ... and does seem to be more linear like a throttle cable activated setup.

But it does NOT increase horsepower... Vitesse doesn't claim that it does.
The following 2 users liked this post by WA 2 FST:
mbowers13 (09-21-2015), yellowmnm (09-20-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 04:38 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
I don't know if he does or not, but I do... and he is 100% correct about the "doesn't add 50hp" or better gearing or transmission tuning.

I like the product... I have it installed on my SC'd C6 in my sig. It helps tip-in throttle response for sure. You do get to 100% quicker (and every % of WOT, for that matter) ... so, in theory, if you and another car making the _same_ HP did an acceleration pull, you would be quicker b/c you get to WOT faster (a split second faster).

The great thing is that the driver can tailor it to his/her own sensitivity level. I started at SP6 b/c many others have reported that to be a good setting, but I backed it down to SP4... probably b/c I have a modded car, and it seems to work well with my right foot ... and does seem to be more linear like a throttle cable activated setup.

But it does NOT increase horsepower... Vitesse doesn't claim that it does.
I totally agree with all of your statements. I was just curious if he had one and what his firsthand impressions were.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:45 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

I totally agree with all of your statements. I was just curious if he had one and what his firsthand impressions were.

It's definitely a great product, and I would recommend it...especially for those who have experience with cable-drive throttle controlled hot-rods and feel the DBW set up is "lazy and unresponsive" at tip-in.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:48 PM
Hanlon's Law
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol I think I know where you were going with that question - doubt it had much to do with asking for my review of the product. I do not have one on my Z06, but that doesn't mean I can't speak on the subject. These things have been out for years under many different names and I owned one for one of my ricer mobiles in the past (that one was called the "Sprint Booster"). As I said in my previous post, it does make your car feel faster. There is however no quantifiable improvement in acceleration or power.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:32 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

Lol I think I know where you were going with that question - doubt it had much to do with asking for my review of the product. I do not have one on my Z06, but that doesn't mean I can't speak on the subject. These things have been out for years under many different names and I owned one for one of my ricer mobiles in the past (that one was called the "Sprint Booster"). As I said in my previous post, it does make your car feel faster. There is however no quantifiable improvement in acceleration or power.
I think that's one of the biggest drawbacks to forums, or anything online where you can interpret text more than one way. I wasn't asking to demean you or your intent. I was just curious if you had firsthand experience with this one.

I was asking because I've seen several posts from people who have tried similar products and although this performs a similar function, this one consistently gets the highest feedback. It's good that you used a sprint booster so you'd have an idea of the differences. I think if you tried one, you'd be surprised. I'm just saying others have, you might too.

I can't say that I agree with you about your last sentence. While there might not be a significant improvement in acceleration, I feel there most certainly is one....even if only measured in minute increments. If getting up in the RPM higher range sooner had no benefit, why would one use a stall converter (as an example)?
Old 09-16-2015, 01:17 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default ?

here's the bottom line. if you were to take your car and run it on the dyno in theory the horsepower would be the same before and after.
But!! on the 1/8 dragstrip and I believe in the 1/4 mile as well.
if the throttle ramps up quicker, you'll get out there faster and will have faster times. Because of the well known throttle lag it will take you longer to come up to speed from a dead stop! If I race someone and he gets out on me by a couple of cars with the same horsepower I will never catch him! I lose! When the race is viewed by spectators!
Ask them who won the race? Ask them who's car was faster?
Just like two identical cars race. one has 323 rear end gears the other with 411s or 456s same horse power, but the guy with the higher gears is going to win every time! I don't know why he keeps bringing up the horsepower. Do you think everyone is stupid? Or you just trying to show everybody how smart you think you are?
Quit beating a dead horse!
The following 2 users liked this post by yellowmnm:
kronix (04-28-2017), mbowers13 (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 02:51 AM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I think the key words are "feels like"...meaning there was a perceived improvment. It was not meant as an indication that the product adds anything. I really don't see a need to quantify that, as if one thought a box can change your gear ratio then wow.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never felt like the pedal in any C5 or C6 corvette is linear from the factory, I would love to see its pedal position vs commanded but I have yet to have time to look into it.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:14 PM
guido1205us
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Controller eliminated nanny controlled lag hesitation and increased throttle response - best first mod for $179. My A6 sprints much better now.

Maybe COW gets your there, but I'd rather have a device that allows me full control that doesn't touch the ECU.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:25 PM
Jose2SS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone know if it comes for a automatic 2005 C6?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:51 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

There wasn't a unit available for any 2005's last I checked

Get notified of new replies

To My quick vitesse throttle control review

Quick Reply: My quick vitesse throttle control review