C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo and E85- What Tuning Software?

Old 10-24-2015, 05:40 PM
GaragedLS2
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Twin Turbo and E85- What Tuning Software?

Will be finishing up on my build here shortly and am considering getting the car tuned on my own since my local shop of choice is non-responsive and I want to get this done. I've had quite a bit of success with AEM STandalones and ECMTuning on my DSM, so I have a decent idea of what needs to be done to get a car tuned.

The big question is this: Running 1300cc injectors, twin 6267's, stock bottom and a full fore innovations triple pump system, what would be best to tune with? I want to go the flex fuel route and bought the fore kit with intentions of doing so (flex fuel intercept add-on) but am not opposed to going full E85 if necessary.

EFILive and HPTuners seem to both be in the price range id like to spend and dont want to consider Haltech or any fully standalone system for that matter. Looking to keep a conservative tune for street application and make less than what my stock bottom end LS2 can handle for now.

Any recommendations on what would be better for my setup, HP or EFI..maybe even something different?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:48 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

HP Tuners and EFI live are by far the most common options for making changes to the stock ECM. Haltec, AEM, etc. all have their own software but obviously that's with a standalone ECM so that's a whole different ballgame. The aftermarket ECM's are really nice, but that's another subject entirely.

HPT/EFI have similar functionality and give access to basically the same things. Their layouts are different, some of the table axises are setup backwards between the two programs, etc... but ultimately you can change the same data.

I use HP Tuners and have been happy with it. Some others use EFI Live and are happy with it too. Same with shops.. ECS uses EFI Live, FSP uses HPT.. it's pretty much personal preference.

A lot of the "getting started" videos that people like Greg Banish have done are done mainly in HP Tuners, so I was glad I picked that one

Personally I'd get whatever you can get the cheapest.

Get the "pro" version of HP Tuners if you do go that route.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:17 PM
GaragedLS2
Racer

Perfect! That is about where I was at with it in terms of them being equally as good but it being more of a preference thing. I just see HPTuners mentioned a lot more in the threads I read around here so wasnt sure if EFI was lacking something that i wasnt aware of, or if it was just coincidental.

It does seem HPTuners is a bit less expensive so if it is more common and can do just as much, I dont see any reason to not go that route.

Appreciate the input.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:17 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

EFI Live has been pushing more for the diesel market for the last few years, so I think that's why you see HPT mentioned more often lately

Some people love one, some love the other..

Are you running a flex fuel sensor?
Old 10-26-2015, 04:10 PM
GaragedLS2
Racer

I will be running a flex fuel sensor. Still havent installed the whole fuel system but i grabbed the intercept kit form Fore to be able to run the sensor in an organized fashion. Plans were to go flex fuel just in case I wanted to cruise the car to the beach, but its a weekend warrior so If I had to go full E85, that wouldnt be an issue either.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:55 PM
KM177122
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GaragedLS2
I will be running a flex fuel sensor. Still havent installed the whole fuel system but i grabbed the intercept kit form Fore to be able to run the sensor in an organized fashion. Plans were to go flex fuel just in case I wanted to cruise the car to the beach, but its a weekend warrior so If I had to go full E85, that wouldnt be an issue either.
Did you get that fuel system with sensor installed yet? I just installed fuel Fore triple pump system with sensor on my car(doing a few things before the tune). Didn't know what your thoughts and experience was thus far. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2016, 06:10 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say something bad about the flex fuel sensor setups.. they really are awesome
Old 02-13-2016, 07:02 PM
KM177122
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I don't think I've ever seen anyone say something bad about the flex fuel sensor setups.. they really are awesome
Ya, I'm looking forward to mine! In my STI I had to run two separate maps for each type of fuel which was kind of a pain. I'm excited to use the flex fuel sensor.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:12 PM
zapc
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow my thread got deviated from my question. I was hoping to keep all my hardware (injectors and miniram and just install a new computer
and sensors and wiring harnass.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:05 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Huh? This thread is 5 years old
The following users liked this post:
Chiselchst (07-14-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Twin Turbo and E85- What Tuning Software?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo and E85- What Tuning Software?