C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0308 along with Service Active Handling and Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:03 AM
ozborcek
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0308 along with Service Active Handling and Service Traction Control

Last night I was driving on I-10 and opened it up just a little bit 120mph for a few seconds. Soon after I took the exit the Service Active Handling and Service Traction Control warning came on and I noticed it was running rough. As soon as I parked I read the codes with my scan tool and noticed P0308. (I always have P0420-P0430 due to not having cats).

This morning I looked at the spark plug cables and didn't notice anything loose, although I am not totally sure because the aluminum case holds the wire can be moved easily.

When I started to day I can feel like something shaking under me and when I put in to drive or rear it almost gets worst.

Any feedback would be appreciated,
Thanks

My vett is a 2010 GS with only 13k miles.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:33 AM
ozborcek
Advanced

Originally Posted by ozborcek
Last night I was driving on I-10 and opened it up just a little bit 120mph for a few seconds. Soon after I took the exit the Service Active Handling and Service Traction Control warning came on and I noticed it was running rough. As soon as I parked I read the codes with my scan tool and noticed P0308. (I always have P0420-P0430 due to not having cats).

This morning I looked at the spark plug cables and didn't notice anything loose, although I am not totally sure because the aluminum case holds the wire can be moved easily.

When I started to day I can feel like something shaking under me and when I put in to drive or rear it almost gets worst.

Any feedback would be appreciated,
Thanks

My vett is a 2010 GS with only 13k miles.

*Up date: I started it again and drove around the neighborhood no warning lights came on and was running fine. I decided to run the codes again with my diablo tuner and it showed p0300 instead of p0308 the handheld scanner showed. Looks like I always had the code p0420-p0430-p0300 dealer told me it was because not having cats (I have long tube kooks straight pipe no cats) I still don't get why there is a misfire code and will update again if the service active handling and traction control warnings comes back on.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:41 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I don't buy the lack of cats giving you the missfire code. You should log each cylinder for misfires individually to see if this is something constant. p0308 meant cyl 8 wasn't firing, while p0300 means the car can't figure out which one is misfiring or maybe a few are intermittently.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:51 AM
ozborcek
Advanced

Originally Posted by SEVINN
I don't buy the lack of cats giving you the missfire code. You should log each cylinder for misfires individually to see if this is something constant. p0308 meant cyl 8 wasn't firing, while p0300 means the car can't figure out which one is misfiring or maybe a few are intermittently.
I agree I just ordered 8 ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plugs I think changing them all is a better idea.

I have never changed spark plugs before I have all the tools. Do these spark plugs come set to 40 or do I have to make them? Do I need a torque wrench? is yes what should I set it to? If no how many turns it takes to lock them back in place?

Amazon.com: ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plug --- 8 Pcs * NEW *: Automotive Amazon.com: ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plug --- 8 Pcs * NEW *: Automotive

Last edited by ozborcek; 12-10-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:55 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Ideally you'd use a torque wrench. Most don't. Just don't over tighten them.

Having a flexible ratchet and flex spark plug socket helps. Gear wrench makes a nice kit

Last edited by schpenxel; 12-14-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:56 PM
ozborcek
Advanced

Update:

I erased the codes using my Diablo tuner. Only the p0420 and p0430 came back due to not having cats. The p0300 (p0308) never came back. I unplugged and replied the 8cylender spark plug cable.
Also the service active handling along with service traction control never came back again. I think it was because of the high speed on the interstate and being bumpy.
The new spark plugs arrived but I am planning to install them if the code comes back again.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:42 PM
KM177122
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ozborcek
Update:

I erased the codes using my Diablo tuner. Only the p0420 and p0430 came back due to not having cats. The p0300 (p0308) never came back. I unplugged and replied the 8cylender spark plug cable.
Also the service active handling along with service traction control never came back again. I think it was because of the high speed on the interstate and being bumpy.
The new spark plugs arrived but I am planning to install them if the code comes back again.
Glad to hear! Did you ever figure out the route cause of the issue?
Old 02-20-2016, 02:00 AM
ozborcek
Advanced

Originally Posted by KM177122
Glad to hear! Did you ever figure out the route cause of the issue?
Not really it never came back again. I am thinking it was because of the high speeding on a kind bumpy interstate made the car throw off the code.

Get notified of new replies

To P0308 along with Service Active Handling and Service Traction Control

Quick Reply: P0308 along with Service Active Handling and Service Traction Control