C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablew tune review

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:24 PM
speedman
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Diablew tune review

This review is for both the DiabloSport Intune and the custom tuning I'm currently about to finalize with Diablew.

My car: 2007 C6 A6 LS2 Z51

First the Intune:

Well upon first receiving and opening the Diablo Sport Intune, I was shocked at how small, light and compact it was. I was expecting something a little bigger and what feels a little more sturdy. I followed the directions and performed an update on the device which happens automatically when plugged in to a PC. After the update was complete i followed the easy to read instructions and installed the "Diablo" Tune along with a "Firm" tune for the A6.

I could not believe how the car performed after installing these two canned tunes from the Intune! The car responded well to these tunes and really woke up the engine and XSMN. After around 50 miles or so the car got even better as the ECM improved over time. After reading about a custom tune which this device can support i chose to inquire about a tune from Lew or Diablew.

Now the Diablew tune:

A little back ground about my minor mods I've done; I have installed Corsa Sports and replaced the stock LS2 air intake with an LS7 air intake from a Z06. I had to in turn replace the LS2 MAF with a LS3/7 MAF. The car needed a tune to complete this minor mod and Lew made it happen!

Lew is very easy to work with and responds extremely quickly to emails. After purchasing the custom tune from Diablew, he sent me detailed instructions on the steps to send him the last tune written. The initial custom ECM and TCM tune was absolutely amazing and i was further shocked by the power and responsiveness from the engine and the paddle shifting of the XSMN as the fine tuning was in progress. I can't believe how much power and responsiveness is held back from the crappy stock tune from GM. After capturing and sending a few logs to Lew and getting a few tunes which he tweaked, the car is running very well and is a straight beast!

Overall i would recommend getting a custom tune from Lew, especially if you have a A6 with paddle shifters!

Thanks
The following 2 users liked this post by speedman:
06MonteSS (05-06-2016), A Marsh (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 08:31 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Glad to hear it man! Glad you're happy with it..

and Thank you!

Enjoy!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Nice

Thanks for the feedback, and enjoy!!

Get notified of new replies

To Diablew tune review

Quick Reply: Diablew tune review