C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners/stripped car: what to turn off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 03:26 AM
MinimumJargon
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HP tuners/stripped car: what to turn off.

Just bought a c6 for a track car, removed all amenities. Key FOB works fine but something is stopping it from starting. Solid security light. Tried the relearn to no avail. Have someone with a copy of HP tuners coming over tomorrow. Says he know whats he's doing but would like if someone could list exactly what needs to be off to full deactivate the passkey crap. I just want to push the start button and it start. Any other extra suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, JR
Old 06-16-2016, 08:26 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

He can disable VATS simple enough, if that is the issue.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:57 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by MinimumJargon
Just bought a c6 for a track car, removed all amenities. Key FOB works fine but something is stopping it from starting. Solid security light. Tried the relearn to no avail. Have someone with a copy of HP tuners coming over tomorrow. Says he know whats he's doing but would like if someone could list exactly what needs to be off to full deactivate the passkey crap. I just want to push the start button and it start. Any other extra suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, JR
Did you happen to remove the OnStar modules? You may just need to make up this quick jumper, but it could be VATs as well:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...al-method.html
Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 AM
MinimumJargon
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did remove OnStar module. Didn't know about this issue. Thank you very much I'll give it a shot. If the jumper doesn't work is it another option on HP tuners to disable the OnStar system as well or is that all taken care of by disabling the security system?

Thanks JR

Get notified of new replies

To HP tuners/stripped car: what to turn off.

Quick Reply: HP tuners/stripped car: what to turn off.