C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Vent controls not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Randy Firor
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Vent controls not working

I just bought a c6. The AC works but just blows air on my feet and out the pillars on the sides. No matter what you put the selection on the climate control on, it does not switch. My AC guy tells me that you have to take it to the dealer to have them read the body codes that will tell you which actuator (all electric) is not working. Fuzes all look good.
My question is this. Is there a program like HP Tuner that you can buy that will give you this troubleshooting capability? I have no recourse here in the Arizona heat than just taking it to the dealer and hoping I don't get screwed too bad. Anyone dealt with this?
Thanks,
Old 06-18-2016, 11:47 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

HPT can't read BCM codes as far as I know. Only ECM and TCM

Last edited by schpenxel; 06-18-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Randy Firor
Advanced

Default C6 Vent controls not working

Is there anything out there on the market for the DIY that can read these codes?
Old 06-25-2016, 03:19 AM
njedwardz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a similar issue with mine, with the additional bug that the automatic fan speed control no longer functions. Manual speed/temp control works fine.

Fortunately for me, the system is stuck with the primary vents open, so I still get the heating/cooling that I need. The dealership I bought my car from is so violently afraid to touch my car now that I have a cam in it that I'll probably end up replacing the AC control unit and all the actuators myself. The car is out of warranty so I'll be paying for the parts anyway - no sense in paying for the labor to swap out parts that will take me 30 minutes to do anyway.

Eventually I'll get a tech 2/clone, but until then I'll have to settle for the "replace stuff until it works" approach. Eventually it's bound to work!
Old 06-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Randy Firor
Advanced

The default or "stuck" position on mine has the vents open on the pillars and under the dash so I can't get air to flow but a smidge out of the center top vents. Needless to say here in Tucson where it's getting up to 115 deg right now it's not quite optimum. The dealer is telling me the mode actuator can't be accessed through the glove box opening but that's BS according to my friends here on the forum. Moot point though because they discovered the door that the actuator works was broken and had to order a new one which means the whole dash had to come out. Will be 11 hours of labor and 100 bucks worth of new parts. Sheesh. My C6 is brand new (at least to me) with only 15K miles on it even though it's a 2005. 6-speed (real sports car :-)) I didn't go into hock to get it from CA just to not use it so, oh well, getting bent over by the dealership. If it had a few more miles on it and didn't look brand new I'd be wrenching.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:14 PM
shadowman1
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

A good shop should have a scanner to read the A/C codes. Our Snap-on Modis will read all the modules.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Vent controls not working

Quick Reply: C6 Vent controls not working