C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 LS2 to LS7 MAF conversion. HP Tuner File

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 03:59 PM
orripid
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 07 LS2 to LS7 MAF conversion. HP Tuner File

Hi I have converted my ls2 intake to a ls7 k&N intake system with the ls7 slotted MAF sensor. So far I uploaded the MAF tables and IAT tables of the Z06.
The car starts but the AFR is kindof High. Also I attached my HP Tuner file of idol and driving slow down the road. The car wasnt doing good and I am worried i did damage. Can someone take a look at this log and give some guidence on what to do. I included a AFR error chart too in the log, Also wideband is in the log
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
low rpm data.hpl (1.89 MB, 188 views)

Last edited by orripid; 07-08-2016 at 09:17 AM. Reason: updated scan after adjusting maf tables up 12%
Old 07-07-2016, 04:05 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You aren't going to hurt anything just driving around no matter how bad the MAF curve is

I'd increase the whole MAF curve by say 12% to get closer to the ballpark. Fuel trims are really high.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM
orripid
Advanced

Originally Posted by schpenxel
You aren't going to hurt anything just driving around no matter how bad the MAF curve is

I'd increase the whole MAF curve by say 12% to get closer to the ballpark. Fuel trims are really high.
I will try that when I get home. Thank you for the help.

I attached the tune as well. Any help would be much appreciated.

So to get this right. If i raise the MAF tables I get more fuel less air?
Also I added the afr err chart can this help me tune my maf?
Old 07-07-2016, 04:12 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Charts aren't included in logs so I can't see what you're using

Yes, higher MAF = richer, lower MAF = leaner.

Fuel trims will try to bring AFR to ~14.7:1 if you are in closed loop (which you are, most of the time), so don't expect to change the MAF table 10% and then everything move richer 10% everywhere all the time.

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-07-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 PM
orripid
Advanced

Charts aren't included in logs so I can't see what you're using

Yes, higher MAF = richer, lower MAF = leaner.

Fuel trims will try to bring AFR to ~14.7:1 if you are in closed loop (which you are, most of the time), so don't expect to change the MAF table 10% and then everything move richer 10% everywhere.
Are you seeing this with my log?

Also I can make a new log what would you recommend i add to the charts to help tune this?
Old 07-07-2016, 04:19 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Add dynamic airflow and idle adapt advance.

The log is just the data that is recorded.. it doesn't include charts/graphs/etc. Those are stored in a separate file called a layout. I have my own that I am looking at.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:21 PM
orripid
Advanced

Add dynamic airflow and idle adapt advance.

The log is just the data that is recorded.. it doesn't include charts/graphs/etc. Those are stored in a separate file called a layout. I have my own that I am looking at.
Oh thanks so much.
Would you like me to attach the layout?
Old 07-07-2016, 04:22 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Not needed
Old 07-07-2016, 06:46 PM
orripid
Advanced

Not needed
I added 12% to the maf tables
Idle seems to be a bit more stable.
The 02 sensors seem to be a bit crazy though. Is this safe to drive around low rpm?
Can you take a look at this scan for me?

Thank You
Attached Files
idol new.hpl (1.15 MB, 85 views)
Old 07-07-2016, 10:41 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by orripid
The 02 sensors seem to be a bit crazy though. Is this safe to drive around low rpm?

Thank You
As long as you are driving around in closed loop you aren't going to hurt a thing. Just make adjustments based on what you're seeing your fuel trims do in the logs.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:58 PM
orripid
Advanced

Originally Posted by sevinn
As long as you are driving around in closed loop you aren't going to hurt a thing. Just make adjustments based on what you're seeing your fuel trims do in the logs.
Thank you,
If I have my fuel trim logs , what would be my first step on how to use that data to make adjustments ?

your help is greatly appretiated
Old 07-08-2016, 12:22 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

First off, setup your scanner using schpenxel's guides here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Then the short story is that you'll want to take your fuel trim data from the maf graph and apply it to the maf curve. You'll want to multiply by the trim percentage. You want to multiply by 1+trim%, so if your trim in the cell you are trying to modify is 15%, you'll multiply by 1.15 (richen it up), if it's -15 you'll mulitply by .85 (lean it out).

You can just copy the data from the graph and go to paste special>multiply by percent but this can lead to a pretty spikey maf curve so I generally just look for trends in the data and do it by hand.

Ideally you'd be gathering data with a tune that has dfco and cfco disabled and disable ltfts in either the tune or the scanner; and then you'd apply a filter to the data to get steady state data which is actually good to tune with. Keep in mind this is only good for part throttle tuning. Wot tuning really requires a wideband.

The hptuners site is an amazing resource with alot of sharp people so I'd definitely head over there as well.
The following users liked this post:
orripid (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 12:56 AM
orripid
Advanced

Originally Posted by sevinn
First off, setup your scanner using schpenxel's guides here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Then the short story is that you'll want to take your fuel trim data from the maf graph and apply it to the maf curve. You'll want to multiply by the trim percentage. You want to multiply by 1+trim%, so if your trim in the cell you are trying to modify is 15%, you'll multiply by 1.15 (richen it up), if it's -15 you'll mulitply by .85 (lean it out).

You can just copy the data from the graph and go to paste special>multiply by percent but this can lead to a pretty spikey maf curve so I generally just look for trends in the data and do it by hand.

Ideally you'd be gathering data with a tune that has dfco and cfco disabled and disable ltfts in either the tune or the scanner; and then you'd apply a filter to the data to get steady state data which is actually good to tune with. Keep in mind this is only good for part throttle tuning. Wot tuning really requires a wideband.

The hptuners site is an amazing resource with alot of sharp people so I'd definitely head over there as well.
This is awesome info. I have a innovative wide-band i installed a couple days ago and it is working good. I included it in my scan i uploaded. Thanks again this is awesome data. I learned how the fuel trim data works so I now have to learn how to use hp tuners a bit more. I just started with it a couple of days ago and all the help out here on the forums is alot of help. I dont know how to eit my MAF for WOT and I dont know how to edit the VE tables using the data i have or even if i have a VE table or what they call a virtual ve table.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:30 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by orripid

Thank You
Fuel trims actually look pretty decent in that log

It is safe to drive; if it's in closed loop it's next to impossible to hurt anything at lower RPM / loads

Not sure what you mean by o2 sensors seem a bit crazy? They are supposed to oscillate from ~800mV to ~100mV which is exactly what they are doing

Next step is to get more data.. you can't fix a whole MAF curve at idle. So, start driving around and logging.

Follow my DIY for setting up a MAF Fuel trim graph. That will tell you how much each cell of your MAF curve needs to increase or decrease. Keep the MAF curve smooth.. you can look at it in graph view to see what it actually looks like. It should not have any weird spikes up or down or anything like that. It should be more or less like the shape the factory curve has..

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-08-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 AM
orripid
Advanced

Fuel trims actually look pretty decent in that log

It is safe to drive; if it's in closed loop it's next to impossible to hurt anything at lower RPM / loads

Not sure what you mean by o2 sensors seem a bit crazy? They are supposed to oscillate from ~800mV to ~100mV which is exactly what they are doing

Next step is to get more data.. you can't fix a whole MAF curve at idle. So, start driving around and logging.

Follow my DIY for setting up a MAF Fuel trim graph. That will tell you how much each cell of your MAF curve needs to increase or decrease. Keep the MAF curve smooth.. you can look at it in graph view to see what it actually looks like. It should not have any weird spikes up or down or anything like that. It should be more or less like the shape the factory curve has..
Hey thanks,
Here is the log of the drive into work.
I had a few AFR spikes.
Can you tell me what you think?
I was going to manually update it as schpenxel explained. Do you know where I can turn off the LTFT settings to make sure i am tunning accurate data?
Also If you have any info on where i can find your DIY for setting up a MAF Fuel trim.
Attached Files
low rpm data.hpl (1.89 MB, 98 views)

Last edited by orripid; 07-08-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:17 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...er-V3&p=419231

No need to disable LTFT's. HPT has a parameter built in that combines STFT and LTFT's together, so just use that (shown in DIY)

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-08-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:22 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Here is a MAF Fuel trim one I made real quick.
Attached Files
File Type: xml
MAF FT's.Table.xml (757 Bytes, 116 views)

Get notified of new replies

To 06 LS2 to LS7 MAF conversion. HP Tuner File

Old 07-08-2016, 09:34 AM
orripid
Advanced

Here is a MAF Fuel trim one I made real quick.
Is this a MAF fuel trim graph? If so how do i add it. this is a xml file not sure what it is that you sent me
never mind i figured it out. Thank you very much

Last edited by orripid; 07-08-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:41 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Right click inside graphs, click on graph Layout. In the window that pops up go to open layout file at the top, then open that file.

I also said "here is a MAF fuel trim one"... so pretty sure that means it's a MAF fuel trim graph

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-08-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:43 AM
orripid
Advanced

Graph Layout, open layout file, open that file.
Thank you very much, I have it figured out. Once I have the data from this new chart, Can you tell me how I would use it to edit my MAF tables?
Then I think I am done with all the questions. You have been very helpful

Quick Reply: 06 LS2 to LS7 MAF conversion. HP Tuner File