C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF hertz vs volts.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 07:23 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Default MAF hertz vs volts.

Ok so I installed a snow performance MAF vc-25/maf version 2 it is supposed to read voltage from maf and ramo up with a start voltage and full spray setting....however...
I connected to th MAF signal wire. Then when i hooked up the tech 2 in order to tune the start voltage i realized that there is no friggin voltage.

The controller allows for a boost mechanical connect so hopefully it works. The snow instructions say nothing of using the controller by boost reference only talks about maf so i dont even know if it works yet.

Should have just bought the ECS kit and now I see why. This thing doesnt even use a relay for the pump.

Anyone know if this thing can read hertz or has anyone used this snow performance maf kit? Just wondering if I should just change how the system is controlled before any more disappointment.

Thnx.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:36 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Alky control has a MAF converter that converts the frequency output of GM MAF sensors to a 0-5V output. A lot of positive displacement supercharger guys use them since they can make full boost at about any point.. so MAF output is a better measure for how much meth is needed

If you want to stick with the kit you have, I would call Alky control and get one of those converters.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:10 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Alky control has a MAF converter that converts the frequency output of GM MAF sensors to a 0-5V output. A lot of positive displacement supercharger guys use them since they can make full boost at about any point.. so MAF output is a better measure for how much meth is needed

If you want to stick with the kit you have, I would call Alky control and get one of those converters.
Well that is pretty good news. That seems like it would work maybe having that 0 to5v conversion could come in handy even for other controllers.
Thanks schpenxel

Last edited by speedz06; 07-25-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:22 PM
speedz06
Drifting

OK caled Alky control and awaiting call back.

Man, still struggling with this...each of the meth injection companies aren't easy to reach except for AEM.
Wonder if anyone has experience with the snow performance controller using the boost port. There is a little nipple on the controller and the switch can be set to boost or MAF.
I think there is a built in MAP sensor in the unit or something.
Ill address getting the hertz to volts converter but at least I can use the kit for awhile till I find solution.

Snow performance takes more than 2 days to call you back and the other two main companies just have an old fashioned answering machine.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:32 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah just use the boost port then if you need to get it going.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:57 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Yeah just use the boost port then if you need to get it going.
Spoke to Julio, nice guy and will be changing over the whole kit very soon.
For now, yep just going to tie to boost, using undersized nozzle from what is recommended for time being.

Get notified of new replies

To MAF hertz vs volts.

Quick Reply: MAF hertz vs volts.