C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Tuning School Advnaced Course REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
orangecrrrush
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The Tuning School Advnaced Course REVIEW

Everyone,

I took both the basic and advanced courses last summer at the Tuning school in Tampa. I learned everything I needed to tune my own car. I have been an playing around with tuning these cars for the last 10 years. I started using ls1 edit in 2000. I would read a lot on forums and pickup little things here and there. I purchased books and CDs on how to tune, but nothing compares to real world dyno tuning like in Bob’s course. After taking both of Bob Morreale’s courses I realized I probably knew about 30 percent of the things I needed to know. If you have an NA car and are looking to tune NA you will only need the basic course. IF you are going to tune forced induction, add power adders such as meth and NO2, then the Advanced course is a must.

All of my cars have forced induction. I have a supercharged Hummer H2 and two corvettes that are twin turbo. One of the TT vettes I built myself. By taking Bob’s course I was able to safely tune my TT vette up to 8psi on the street without a dyno. What you will learn, is that the easy part is tuning WOT. It is hard to get idle and drivability tuned properly. My supercharged Hummer had the basic tune from the kit. I was able to add a smaller pulley and tune the car, so it not only ran better but gave me a lot more power. I couldn’t have done either car if it wasn’t for the Bob’s course.

Things you will learn In the advanced course.

Importance of EQ ratio
Tuning for idle and part throttle
Tuning for fuel economy
Custom PIDs, Triggers, custom Histograms
How to detect false knock
Concepts behind LTFT and STFT
Concepts behind OL and CL
6spd automatic Transmission tuning
Speed density tuning
Tuning for power adders like NO2 and Meth

In my class we tuned a 2006 GTO with a blower NO2 and Meth. The car made over 800RWH on the dyno. You will get a lot of dyno time and the classes are not too large where you wouldn’t get any special attention.

Here is the link to my TT z06 and how it turned out.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-1031rwhp.html

If anyone wants to speak to me about the course, please feel free to email me your number at tron20@optonline.net and I will call you back.

Thanks to Bob, Larry and Ian for making tuning a car fun instead for frustrating,

Adam
The following users liked this post:
Nelson765 (02-14-2017)
Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the review. PM sent.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Mariano Resendez
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have the tuning beginners book? I'm looking foward to buying a used book

Originally Posted by orangecrrrush
Everyone,

I took both the basic and advanced courses last summer at the Tuning school in Tampa. I learned everything I needed to tune my own car. I have been an playing around with tuning these cars for the last 10 years. I started using ls1 edit in 2000. I would read a lot on forums and pickup little things here and there. I purchased books and CDs on how to tune, but nothing compares to real world dyno tuning like in Bob’s course. After taking both of Bob Morreale’s courses I realized I probably knew about 30 percent of the things I needed to know. If you have an NA car and are looking to tune NA you will only need the basic course. IF you are going to tune forced induction, add power adders such as meth and NO2, then the Advanced course is a must.

All of my cars have forced induction. I have a supercharged Hummer H2 and two corvettes that are twin turbo. One of the TT vettes I built myself. By taking Bob’s course I was able to safely tune my TT vette up to 8psi on the street without a dyno. What you will learn, is that the easy part is tuning WOT. It is hard to get idle and drivability tuned properly. My supercharged Hummer had the basic tune from the kit. I was able to add a smaller pulley and tune the car, so it not only ran better but gave me a lot more power. I couldn’t have done either car if it wasn’t for the Bob’s course.

Things you will learn In the advanced course.

Importance of EQ ratio
Tuning for idle and part throttle
Tuning for fuel economy
Custom PIDs, Triggers, custom Histograms
How to detect false knock
Concepts behind LTFT and STFT
Concepts behind OL and CL
6spd automatic Transmission tuning
Speed density tuning
Tuning for power adders like NO2 and Meth

In my class we tuned a 2006 GTO with a blower NO2 and Meth. The car made over 800RWH on the dyno. You will get a lot of dyno time and the classes are not too large where you wouldn’t get any special attention.

Here is the link to my TT z06 and how it turned out.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-1031rwhp.html

If anyone wants to speak to me about the course, please feel free to email me your number at tron20@optonline.net and I will call you back.

Thanks to Bob, Larry and Ian for making tuning a car fun instead for frustrating,

Adam
Old 02-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Nelson765
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Thank you for the post, great information. Can you provide contact information for the school?
Old 02-14-2017, 09:57 AM
jetbluu
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

If interested, it's on the hptuners website. Here's the link to the beginner course specific to GM vehicles.

http://thetuningschool.com/product/g...live-seminars/

You can also choose for online or home courses as well.
The following users liked this post:
Nelson765 (02-14-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 12:46 PM
0Tampa Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 91 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Many years ago I went through the basic and advanced courses. They are good courses that which give you good guidelines. Over the years, my application strategies have changed to grow with newer cars, but the books will get your car up and running nicely. I still refer back to them every once in a while.

www.TampaTuning.com

Thanks
Phil

Get notified of new replies

To The Tuning School Advnaced Course REVIEW

Quick Reply: The Tuning School Advnaced Course REVIEW