C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Trinity tune and traction control.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:39 AM
Teabrook
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo Trinity tune and traction control.

Hello friends! Just wanted to know whether the traction control is disabled when you load a tune? Just wondering if it's my imagination? I kinda like the idea of having it on, especially with the amount of rain and ranges we have! Thankyou!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:22 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Teabrook
Hello friends! Just wanted to know whether the traction control is disabled when you load a tune? Just wondering if it's my imagination? I kinda like the idea of having it on, especially with the amount of rain and ranges we have! Thankyou!
Traction control is not turned off with a Diablo Tune but ..... torque management might be

You can go into the settings and check

I have mine turned off and its like night and day getting all the hp that the car can deliver in 1st and 2nd ...and my TC still works . I have absolutly no problem driving in the rain and cold , just real careful on how far down i press the gas pedal

Dave
The following users liked this post:
Teabrook (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 PM
Teabrook
Cruising

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. I am drag racing her for the first time with the tune loaded and am trying to figure out what to expect. Would love to give her a standing start run on the street, but I don't think the local constabulary would be very happy with me.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Yeah, TC is still fully active, but there are changes in the tune that contribute to allowing more power at low rpm/small pedal inputs that can lead you to think TC is out the window, but really the motor is just making the power it always should have without all GMs limiting
The following users liked this post:
Teabrook (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Teabrook
Cruising

Thanks Mike. Wanted to check as racing on first of April and I have watched 2 brand new mustangs hit the wall (and you wouldn't believe the cost of Late model American cars in Australia!) I love my corvette, so I like to be fully aware of what she can do!! Test and tune, so will play first run �� Hoping to get her low/mid 12's ��
Old 03-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo Trinity tune and traction control.

Quick Reply: Diablo Trinity tune and traction control.