C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0106 Bad Baro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 05:48 PM
Amillio
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0106 Bad Baro?

I have a 06 ls2 manual that's been cammed, tuned, long tube headers, x-pipe and slp exhaust. The car has been running fine for a while but recently I got a P0106 code saying that that the MAP/Baro sensor is out of predicted range. Now I googled this and found a step by step guide on what to do but none of the steps are really getting me anywhere. I voltage tested, I smoke tested, I replaced the sensor, I tried to seeing if there were any shorts, (tried meaning KOEO I monitored the reading of the map with and without vacuum and moved wires around.) Nothing has been solving the issue and the care is running and idling horribly. I do have HPTuners and I tried to see if maybe it was the cam but I can't change the map table I can only disable the test for the P0106 code but then I get a flashing engine light with no code. The only thing that I've noticed is when I'm logging with hptuners vcm scanner again with the KOEO the map reads the correct kpa/psi with is 97/14.15 at my altitude but the barometric pressure reads 90/13.1. Thats a 2,100ft altitude difference. Google says however that the map and baro sensor are the same thing. I've also read that the baro is in the maf and read that the bar is inside the ecu. I have no clue what to do next.
Old 07-23-2022, 05:58 AM
avrilberdo
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The manifold vacuum is all messed up because of the air being forced into from the opposite direction due to the intake valve being hung open. It's even causing vacuum assist issues with the brakes.

Last edited by avrilberdo; 07-23-2022 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: P0106 Bad Baro?