C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no fuel cutoff downhill

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 06:33 PM
camaro427-69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no fuel cutoff downhill

hey folks

hope somebody can help me out. i have changed my ls2 c6 to AFR Heads with a 230/230 .600 custom cammotion cam and Fast 92mm intake and a set of OBX cat headers.

car was running great out of the box and got some base tune files when i did some street log runs with my efilive. after a couple miles my balancer came off, it seemed that i did not stretch the bolt like i should. i got a new balancer and from this point on the car started to behave weird. it did run good but smelled fuel sometimes and once in a while it stalled when i came to a stop or shifted back in a lower gear. sometimes it catched up and sometimes it died. my tuner said somethings wrong with the passenger side cause on the log you could have seen that the passenger o2 always went up and down and the driver o2 stayed always high. i changed the passenger o2 sensor and the car stopped bitching around. but now after driving around a couple days it started stalling again and smelling for fuel. so i changed the info onto fuel consumption.
so usually when i decelerate the consumption falls down and comes to 0 after 2-3 seconds but now it stays up at for example 10litres/100km (sorry but i´m located in europe ) and won´t go to 0 and it starts badly to smell. it is not always just once in a while and today i found that it stayed up high when i went downhill in 2nd gear but dropped to 0 when i shifted to 3rd.
any input on that?

thanks,pat
Old 04-20-2017, 07:17 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I had this issue. I think you replaced the wrong 02 sensor. The side of the engine that continued to go up is where the bad sensor is. The electronics constantly add fuel trying to get a reading back from the 02. when it doesn't get the reading its looking for, it adds fuel. At least, that's what my engine was doing. This caused the engine to smell way rich and to want to continue running when you shut it down.

Buy AC Delco sensors because I bought what was quickly available. It works but it fluctuates from lean to rich at idle. I had to set the idle a little high to control it. But I have a big cam too
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM
camaro427-69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm i replaced both sensors with the acdelcos....i don't know if it had to relearn over a couple miles but it is getting better. To be fair i also switched back from the fast intake to the stock ls2 because i didn't know if there was a leak. The tune was written with the fast so i do not know if the computer can compensate for this much less air or if that doesn't play a role at all. But if the tune needs to be changed after a intake swap i think it will go otherway round also.

Get notified of new replies

To no fuel cutoff downhill

Quick Reply: no fuel cutoff downhill