C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Z06 Reduced Engine Power Issues P-0606-P-1515-P-2176

Old 05-11-2017, 06:23 PM
wannagofast
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2007 Z06 Reduced Engine Power Issues P-0606-P-1515-P-2176

Hey guys I have been searching but have never found any real solutions to some of the weird reduced power issues? My car is a 2007 Z06 I've had since new which for the last few years has been giving me random reduced power issues. The car is totally stock besides and K&N air filter and did have a mild HP Tuners tune in it.

2009 installed HP tune from a fellow named Charlie< can’t remember his last name.. Used to work with Andy at A&A… but it ran awesome from 2009 to 2014, July of 2014 just cruising around it went into reduced power and threw codes P0606 and P1516, I cleared them and all was fine

2016 July Reduced power and P-2176 cleared code and it ran fine.

2016 Dec –March 2017 Pulled heads and had the valve guide material replaced along with all exhaust valves, replaced front crank seal, replaced battery, I also installed the factory tune back into the car.

2017 April got new tires and took to dealership for wheel alignment and inspection, they stated oil pan gasket was leaking so I said go ahead replace. After the oil pan gasket was replaced I took the car that weekend to a track event, the car ran awesome for 3-20 min events with an hour cool down between each session. Went to start the car for the 4th session and it went into reduced power mode kept restarting it and it finally cleared up to where I could drive it back to the dealership

The dealership diagnosed it to being the throttle body needing to be replaced before any further diagnostics can be completed. They pulled up codes P-2119, P07171, P2176, they wanted 1300.00 to R&R the TB so I took the car home. I called a local performance shop and borrowed a new TB from a crate engine, installed did an idle relearn procedure took the car out and did a WOT and it died! Would not crank, gauges cycle on and off every so many seconds. I had my HP tuners with me and pulled up codes P-0606, P-1515, and P-2101. So I took it the local performance shop and dropped it off, they re-flashed the PCM and the EBCM did the idle relearn called me to pick it up. I took it from their shop pulled onto the HI way short shifted up to 3rd gear and did a WOT and it died again…Would not crank just watched gauges cycle over and over. As of right now it is sitting in their shop and I am waiting to hear back from them.

I have tried to be descriptive as I can so if anyone can help me would be much appreciated and if anyone else has these problems this thread might help.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:55 AM
darknit
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm getting Reduced Engine Power faults right now too. P2135 and P2176. It's starting to get real annoying.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:36 PM
wannagofast
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UPDATE:

When I changed out the throttle body I got from the local performance shop I didn't notice the blades where silver vs gold, thus me installing a newer LS7 throttle body. I dropped my car off at the performance shop and they did look and found a main harness to be jammed super tight in one area, with the outer sheath slightly damaged. Anyways long story short they replaced the throttle body with an older one and the car works fine. I am going to a Castrol raceway this weekend for open lapping and will find out if it is just that for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Z06 Reduced Engine Power Issues P-0606-P-1515-P-2176

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Z06 Reduced Engine Power Issues P-0606-P-1515-P-2176