C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a bit of assistance

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 12:29 AM
SilverBulletC6Z
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Looking for a bit of assistance

Hey I just recently installed quite a few mods on my 2008 C6 Z06 and also purchased EFI Live and an LC2 Innovate wideband.

I just finished installing;
MSD airforce intake manifold
BTR stage 3 cam
AHP heads with their PM guides milled 0.030"
ARH 1 7/8th" headers
I also attempted to install a NW 102mm throttle body but it didn't mate up to the Airaid air intake so I have ordered a Halltech Superbee CF112 and will install that and the larger throttle body at a later date. As of now I just installed the stock throttle body as well as the Airaid air intake.

I have only started the car up once so far and it sounded unbelievable, love the new sound and it is very loud. I am nervous to take the car for a significant drive until I can adjust some tuning parameters to allow the car to better run with the new modifications. I figure the best place to start would be the AutoVE tutorial from EFI live and work from there but I am just a bit unsure of what would be a good way to get this car reasonably tuned so that it can be driven.

I live in Ontario, Canada and I don't really know any reputable tuners in my area so I figured it would be best to buy the equipment and attempt to do it myself with whatever help I can source from the internet.

I figure there are probably quite a few people running around with similar mods who use EFI live that can maybe point me in the right direction or briefly take a look at this tune I pulled from the car prior to installing any mods. I really don't know if this is the stock tune as I purchased the car used about a month ago and it came with the Airaid intake and the car had the muffler mod done to it.

I really appreciate any help and always love to hear advice from the extremely knowledgeable people here
Attached Files
File Type: rar

Last edited by SilverBulletC6Z; 06-30-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:27 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Turn idle RPM and min airflow up some and start logging. Fueling being off somewhat is not going to hurt anything for just cruising around.

Get some data based on fuel trims, do some rough adjustments to MAF and or VE tables depending on how your tune is setup and go from there. Fuel trims will make the corrections for you up to 25% or so, so let them do it, then make corrections to reduce fuel trims.

I don't have EFI Live so I can't see the tune, I use HPTuners

Last edited by schpenxel; 06-30-2017 at 08:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SilverBulletC6Z (07-01-2017)

Quick Reply: Looking for a bit of assistance