C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Richard Heubach
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning issue

Just had a flex fuel sensor installed and shop is retuning the car. Did some drivability tuning and then flashed the computer. Upon attempting to do dyno tuning.....the car stopped sending information regarding cylinder pressure. ALL other data is coming through fine. Tuner thought maybe a bad MAP sensor...replaced and still no go. The car runs fine, but tuner can't complete the tuning processes because timing is not displaying aND no one seems to know why the car is sending all information from other sensors, minus cylinder pressure information. Any clues?? It's an 09 z06, built top end, holley high ram, large cam, stock heads ported by lme, current e85 only tune. Car was built by lethal performance put of SA texas and they pretty much tuned the car on e85 around not having the flex sensor. Come to find out the car basically didn't know what kind of fuel it was running. As of now, The tuning program and equipment is working fine, as the shop moved my car out f the way and tested the software on a CTSV, GTO, and a high boost miata. I can provide more information if needed, just giving the basics of the problem. Let me know what else info wise you need if it may lead to solving this damn rubix cube.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:52 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Any codes? Do you have any way to log data from your car? Sounds like someone hit delete on a channel to me.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Richard Heubach
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning

No codes. Only thing showing is the traction control error due to the car being strapped to the dyno. I did have a crank shaft position code throw a few weeks back, after having a major vac. leak repaired, but it self corrected. I can get more details on the exact issue today. Now I'm not really aware of how the tuning process goes down, so when you say, 'deleted channel', what are you referring to? Sorry if that was a stupid question, but rather ask a stupid question then act like I know.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:18 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

What the hell is cylinder pressure?

Post a log and layout for what they're trying to use in HPTuners and I'll check it out. Sounds like sevinn might be right though.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Sensor popped out? Only way the FF could mess with that is if the pulled power for it off the map harness, and now you have an electrical short or something.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning issue

Quick Reply: Tuning issue