C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California Emmisions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 02:36 PM
LOS ANGELES PI
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default California Emmisions

I am in the process of selling my C6. Having the headers and fast cats taken off and stock manifolds and cats put back on. This is so I can smog the car in California for the buyer.

The car has a custom tune, and I am thinking it might be a little fat for an emissions test. Anyone know a way to flash the ECM so it goes back to the factory settings?

Any suggestions/advise is appreciated.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:19 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by LOS ANGELES PI
I am in the process of selling my C6. Having the headers and fast cats taken off and stock manifolds and cats put back on. This is so I can smog the car in California for the buyer.

The car has a custom tune, and I am thinking it might be a little fat for an emissions test. Anyone know a way to flash the ECM so it goes back to the factory settings?

Any suggestions/advise is appreciated.
They don't do the tailpipe test anymore so if you have access to somebody with HP Tuners it's pretty easy to "tweak" the tune in order to have all the OBD Readiness tests show as complete which is all they look for now.

Quick Reply: California Emmisions