C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obdiagnostics

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 03:52 AM
cormudd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obdiagnostics

Can someone please tell me what the specs are for a 2008 base coup 6.2 6 speed paddler . I think I need a can 11 bit 500 baud. What do you recommend for bang for the buck. Not sure what to get. Want to be at least able to read codes, clear codes, look at some performance data like fuel level and air/fuel mixtures, emissions test stuff. Like that. Is a cell phone ELM 327 better or a certain OBD that works well with a 2008 c6 base for under a hundred. or again I can spend more if it is really worth it...
Old 08-19-2017, 08:14 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

I have a dozen scan tools I've accumulated over the years. I use a Tech II on the Vette, but a reader I've really become fond of is my Actron CP9575. Reads emissions codes, erases, datalogs minor data, and has a state emissions readiness test.

This scan tool is usually in one of my cars that I drive the most. It's a Canbus tool so will work on an 08.

BTW - NO scan tool is going to give you AFRs...at least not real AFRs. For that you need a wideband and some logger that can accept WB data.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 08-19-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:47 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

If you just want basic stuff, which it sounds like you do, then I'd just get the cheapo ELM327 interface. Worst case you're out almost nothing.

And yeah, Blindspot is right.. you can read commanded AFR, but not actual without adding a wideband. Many thanks to GM for that one

Get notified of new replies

To obdiagnostics

Quick Reply: obdiagnostics