C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help '06 smooth to rough idle, code P0151

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 10:35 PM
twelchman
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help '06 smooth to rough idle, code P0151

06 corvette base with a few mods and a tune has smooth idle for about a minute, the rough idle for about a minute, then smooth, then rough, you get the point. It's running rich and I can't get a definitive answer on what's wrong. Get a low voltage to MAF sensor code P0151 and a few others such as P0300 multiple cylinder misfires and bank 1 or bank 2 too lean. Note: it never feels like it's misfiring and there's no loss of engine power whatsoever. Maybe something else is causing the misfire error code??? Have had a few mechanics look at it including the local Chevy dealer, I have theory's but no real answer; I really need some help.

Theory 1: vacuum leak somewhere however, nobody can find one tests come back negative. Theory 2, ECM is bad and not putting out enough voltage, mechanic verified the MAF sensor does not get enough voltage but can't tell if its a line issue or ECM issue. Theory 3: it's most likely the pigtail from the ECM to the MAF sensor but nobody can tell me if the wire fails any ohms tests because they need an electrical diagram to test it. Theory 4: the intake manifold is leaking and throwing the air/fuel mix out of balance... this doesn't explain the low voltage issue though.

Any help would be most welcome, as this is over 3 months of my vette running like garbage and it's only getting worse. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Last edited by twelchman; 09-15-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Help '06 smooth to rough idle, code P0151