Diablo Stock Tune Vs DiabLew Custom tune? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Scan & Tune
Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Stock Tune Vs DiabLew Custom tune?

Old 09-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
nick14003
CF Senior Member

Default Diablo Stock Tune Vs DiabLew Custom tune?

I just bought an intune i2 from diablosport and tuned my car for 91 octane (which is meant for stock vehicles)

I don't feel any difference

the only main mod I have is a vararam air intake

Is it worth going to diablew and having them make a new custom tune incorporating the vararam too? What difference would I yield in HP from a stock diablotune vs a custom tune from diablew?

I just tuned it today so obviously I haven't been to the track yet, but i'm assuming i'll see some difference with the stock tune, but would I see more from a different custom tune?

Looking for everyone opinions
nick14003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:59 AM   #2
User Omega
CF Senior Member

I would consider taking the car to an actual tuner to get the most out of it. You likely aren't going to feel a 15whp gain in the seat of the pants dyno though. You may have gained power that you can't even feel. The only way to find out would be to make a couple of pulls with the stock tune vs. performance tune.
User Omega is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
Dcasole
CF Senior Member

Do you have an A6 or an M6

Dave
Dcasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

The provided tune should add a good 15 rwhp on 91 octane. That can be tough to notice if not driven aggressively, but you should notice a reduction in TM, less intrusion of TC, more willingness to blow the tires off, etc.

Same question for me, auto or manual?

Thakns
Mike@DiabloSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
nick14003
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
Do you have an A6 or an M6

Dave
A4, I figure the tunes help more on automatics for shifting anyway...(which it did for previous cars for me) But I guess I was wrong
Old 09-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #6
nick14003
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The provided tune should add a good 15 rwhp on 91 octane. That can be tough to notice if not driven aggressively, but you should notice a reduction in TM, less intrusion of TC, more willingness to blow the tires off, etc.

Same question for me, auto or manual?

Thakns
A4. So Get a custom tune from diablew? or just stay with the built in tune on the tuner?
Old 09-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
mmscott12
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick14003 View Post
A4. So Get a custom tune from diablew? or just stay with the built in tune on the tuner?
I bought a custom tune from Diablew last year after bolting on CAI, shorty headers, new plugs/wires (already had a MF performance exhaust). The most noticeable differences are in the throttle response (dang near immediate now), and at WOT (screams 'get outta the way, I'm coming through')! Don't know dyno numbers, but you can feel the 93 octane tune in the seat of you pants!

So, short answer is yes, for the price that he asks, I feel it is definitely worth it!

mmscott12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #8
Dcasole
CF Senior Member

Quote:
A4, I figure the tunes help more on automatics for shifting anyway...(which it did for previous cars for me) But I guess I was wrong
No u are right ....
Old 09-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #9
Dcasole
CF Senior Member

Now remember on a stock car with no mods .... there is no magic potion that is going to add 100 horsepower that you can feel
What a Diablo Lew tune WILL do is dramaticly change the way the car drives and make it much more enjoyable experience
Not only are there timing and fuel changes and less traction control influence but the biggest bang is the reduction or actually turning off TORQUE MANAGEMENT ...which limits the amount of HP the engine delivers under certain parameters

you also might want to consider a VITESSE throttle controller, again does nothing to add HP but makes the car respond so much better to throttle inputs , there are hundreds of posts about it
Dave
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dcasole For This Useful Post:
Carvin (09-15-2017), nick14003 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 10:35 AM   #10
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
I would expect at the very least that you'd notice much improved trans performance on the A4. I have seen countless reviews here from LS2/A4 and A6 customers who noticed immediate improvement with the tune loaded. Might be good to make sure you are using good quality fuel and that the vehicle is in good shape tune up wise.

Thanks
Mike@DiabloSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #11
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Yes I can definitely get you hooked up..

You can email me directly at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!
-Lew

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #12
long_tall_texan
CF Senior Member

I have had Lew tune mine. Love the results. Initially, I added a K&N intake, and a Vette-Air scoop. Due to the scoop acting as a ram-air, I immediately got CEL codes for bank 1&2 too lean. Too much air. So I needed a tune for a simple intake upgrade. I went with Lew because he was the lowest cost alternative at the time for my simple problem. Got a used predator on craigslist locally, and bought the custom tune from him. WOW. Not only did he fix the air/fuel mixture. It really woke up my C6Z. Since then, I have added a 2005 convertible - LS2, A4 to the collection. Immediately had him tune that one too. Huge improvement in response and shifting of the 05 A4 transmission. I've enjoyed his tuning so much that I even had him tune my wife's DD 03 Suburban. Noticeable difference there too on a virtually stock 5.3 with K&N filter. Then just last month, I fixed my heads, milled them .030 at the same time, ported my TB and intake, and added LT headers. Did another data log and Lew sent me a new tune for the changes. Can't say enough positive things about my experience with him. Highly recommended. I've even gotten a secondary 91 octane tune for my Z06 for when I road trip. Found out that 93 octane is not available everywhere, like it is in my home area.

Last edited by long_tall_texan; 09-20-2017 at 04:07 PM.
long_tall_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Diablo Stock Tune Vs DiabLew Custom tune?
  •