C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Rich idle and part throttle surge/bucking..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Wicked99
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help!! Rich idle and part throttle surge/bucking..

2011 superchargered corvette Problem with rich idle and part throttle surge/bucking.
I have a 2011 corvette GS with stock LS3 and A&A supercharger w/3.8 pulley, HPI 80lb injectors, TR6 plugs w/.35 gap, ZR1 map, Zo6 manifolds, X-pipe and mufflers. Other then that the car is stock.
Im still new to tuning and im working on the MAF only at this point. The car according to the WB is super rich at idle, but once im moving its good. i have a log ill post and the LTFT look good down low..The car also has a surge/buck around 1400-2100 rpm that im trying to figure out. i have a hot start issue as well that im chasing my tail on.

Included is a log of Part throttle and idle issues, current tune and injector data.

Here is a link to the hp tuners forums..the log is there, to big to post here..
https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...-surge-bucking

Thank you

Last edited by Wicked99; 09-22-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:38 PM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked99
2011 superchargered corvette Problem with rich idle and part throttle surge/bucking.
I have a 2011 corvette GS with stock LS3 and A&A supercharger w/3.8 pulley, HPI 80lb injectors, TR6 plugs w/.35 gap, ZR1 map, Zo6 manifolds, X-pipe and mufflers. Other then that the car is stock.
Im still new to tuning and im working on the MAF only at this point. The car according to the WB is super rich at idle, but once im moving its good. i have a log ill post and the LTFT look good down low..The car also has a surge/buck around 1400-2100 rpm that im trying to figure out. i have a hot start issue as well that im chasing my tail on.

Included is a log of Part throttle and idle issues, current tune and injector data.

Here is a link to the hp tuners forums..the log is there, to big to post here..
https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...-surge-bucking

Thank you
Hey wicked99.........shoot Steve over an email he may be able to help you out with remote tuning, it would have to be logged though, or at least give you some advise. dynosteve@rdpmotorsport.com
Old 09-28-2017, 10:21 AM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Why are you running 80# injectors on this combo? That's HUGE and completely unnecessary for your current power level. A set of smaller injectors will have MUCH better short pulse control (drive quality) and still be able to support the power level you're at. I'd strongly recommend looking at either the SD60's (for which I have published the characterization data in my EFI calibration training videos) or the ZIP products 60's (which also ship with the precise characterization data). This will make your life MUCH easier and give you better results overall.

Get notified of new replies

To Help!! Rich idle and part throttle surge/bucking..

Quick Reply: Help!! Rich idle and part throttle surge/bucking..