C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 10:20 AM
Jrdrag2562
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hp tuners

My buddy's dad had a 2013 corvette gs and has now sold it. Well he had hp tuners suite and he gave me the interface and the software. He claims it came with 6 credits and he used 2. I installed it on my computer and got everything working but it doesn't have the 4 extra credits and continues to ask for an application key. I asked him if he had it and he doesn't seem to be able to find his email that contained it. I emailed hp tuners on the issue but figured I ask my forum friends while I was at it. I want to tune the car this week but I cant seem to get all the ducks in a row. Any advice or tips would be great. Thanks guys.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:18 PM
Ed@TheVetteDoctors
Supporting Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Open an account at the HP Tuners home page with the MPVI serial number and then you can go to your customer page and have the application key automatically emailed to you. The cable comes with 8 credits as well.

Then input this app key into you HP Tuners software through the HELP icon.

Ed M

Featuring EFI Live/HP Tuners Performance Tuning in-house or remotely and HP Tuner/EFI Live training by ERM Performance Tuning
www.ermperformancetuning.com

Last edited by Ed@TheVetteDoctors; 10-14-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:06 PM
Jrdrag2562
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed@TheVetteDoctors
Open an account at the HP Tuners home page with the MPVI serial number and then you can go to your customer page and have the application key automatically emailed to you. The cable comes with 8 credits as well.

Then input this app key into you HP Tuners software through the HELP icon.

Ed M
I'm trying to create an account but it says I need the serial number (10 digit code on the interface) and application key.... that I don't have
Old 10-15-2017, 12:37 AM
Ed@TheVetteDoctors
Supporting Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can open the account with the serial number which is located on the back of the MPVI and your email address.

Ed M
Old 10-18-2017, 05:09 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

Yes, the SN on the device.

Another thing, (even if he isn't local to you) it's likely he still has the SW on his computer. Ask him to launch it, see if it has his pw in memory. It might be an issue if that SN already has a pw assigned to it.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 10-18-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:23 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Send a picture of the interface & serial number to support@Hptuners.com and they should be able to reset the password for you so that you can get into the account.

Once there, download/install latest version of HPT, request most recent application key and use it, then sync up licenses and see how it looks. It had to of came with 8 credits, so it should still have 6 left assuming he only licensed one car with it.

That is assuming he didn't go around licensing other tunes that he found on the internet or anything like that... I've seen people eat up licenses doing that for absolutely nothing
Old 10-24-2017, 10:42 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

What is the definition of credit with these tuners is it not unlimited tunes?

Last edited by My Vette Life; 10-24-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:28 AM
0Tampa Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Once you license the interface to your car, you have unlimited access to that vehicles computer with that interface. Two credits/licenses ($100) is what it cost for most pre 2016 GM vehicles.

2017 and newer vehicles are four license/credits ($200) , and if you have an automatic will cost additional four license/credits ($200) to access the transmission. But you also have to send off your TCM to HP Tuners for unencrypting so the calibrator can access it. That cost an additional $200.

Yes it is a shocker when I quote a price for a 2017 automatic vehicle.

And there's no unlimited year make and model licenses for newer vehicles.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:03 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by My Vette Life
What is the definition of credit with these tuners is it not unlimited tunes?
You have to license each vehicle you tune with HPTuners. Most take two credits ($50 per credit, so $100) except some of the newest vehicles take more

Once you've licensed a vehicle you can change the tune as many times as you want
Old 10-26-2017, 02:05 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
You have to license each vehicle you tune with HPTuners. Most take two credits ($50 per credit, so $100) except some of the newest vehicles take more

Once you've licensed a vehicle you can change the tune as many times as you want
So if I buy a new hp tuner and has all these credits. I only want to tune 1 car as many times as I want and when ever, I will still have used only a single credit because it's just 1 car.
5 credit =5 cars with unlimited tunes?
Old 10-26-2017, 08:03 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Assuming you buy HPTuners new it will come with 8 credits and you’ll use 2 of them licensing your car (assuming it’s a C6), leaving you with 6 credits.

But yeah you can change the tune on your vehicle as many times as you want once licensed.

Get notified of new replies

To Hp tuners

Quick Reply: Hp tuners