C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Help Needed P0601 And HP Tuners

Old 10-30-2017, 04:12 PM
03venum
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default PCM Help Needed P0601 And HP Tuners

Hi Everyone I am in search of some help. I have a 2005 C6 Z51 M6 with several mods. I had the car tuned a couple of years ago with HP tuners and never had an issue. This Saturday I went to get the car out of the garage and it would fire right up like normal but then quickly shut off and I would get the reduced engine power message and the P0601 code. I tried to call the shop that tuned it for advice but it seems they have recently shut down. From what I have read it looks like I need a new PCM which I have ordered. My question is it possible to pull the old tune off of the PCM and reflash it on to the new PCM by a tuner? Will the new PCM need to be flashed at the dealer first or can someone that uses HP tuners be able to flash the computer with everything the deailer would be able to such has getting the FOBs to be recognized ect. to get everything working right again. I would really like to be able to use the old tune that was on it and just flash it to the new PCM but is that possible? Also is there anyone that could be recommended that could do this? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Call Chuck Cow ..... he is a vendor here on the forums . if he cant help you with this problem ... nobody can .....

Dave
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 07:02 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default For starters....

Originally Posted by 03venum
Hi Everyone I am in search of some help. I have a 2005 C6 Z51 M6 with several mods. I had the car tuned a couple of years ago with HP tuners and never had an issue. This Saturday I went to get the car out of the garage and it would fire right up like normal but then quickly shut off and I would get the reduced engine power message and the P0601 code. I tried to call the shop that tuned it for advice but it seems they have recently shut down. From what I have read it looks like I need a new PCM which I have ordered. My question is it possible to pull the old tune off of the PCM and reflash it on to the new PCM by a tuner? Will the new PCM need to be flashed at the dealer first or can someone that uses HP tuners be able to flash the computer with everything the deailer would be able to such has getting the FOBs to be recognized ect. to get everything working right again. I would really like to be able to use the old tune that was on it and just flash it to the new PCM but is that possible? Also is there anyone that could be recommended that could do this? Thanks for any help.

For starters.... THANK YOU DAVE!!!

Yes, your pcm is dead with the P0601 code. What did you pay for the ECM and where did you get it?

They are getting really hard to come by.

Your best bet is to send me your tune and the pcm. You will need a new license to work with the new pcm on your end,

but if you just want the car exactly as it was without paying, then I can help you.

I get one call every 2 weeks or so for 2005 C6 pcms... In just about every case, we use this unfortunate opportunity to

install my CoW BOOSTER! as it can only be installed here at my place.

It's the best way to TOTALLY TRANSFORM your C6 and is guaranteed to be the most fun mod you ever got for

your car... and it always feels better when you can turn a mess of a situation into a big WIN!

Call me if you want more details. 914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
Old 10-30-2017, 09:23 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW

Yes, your pcm is dead with the P0601 code.
Welcome Chuck !! as soon as i saw his problem i knew you were the guy.......

if i only lived closer to NJ......

Dave
Chuck CoW (10-31-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 11:06 AM
03venum
Advanced

Yes, your pcm is dead with the P0601 code. What did you pay for the ECM and where did you get it?

They are getting really hard to come by.

Your best bet is to send me your tune and the pcm. You will need a new license to work with the new pcm on your end,

but if you just want the car exactly as it was without paying, then I can help you.

I get one call every 2 weeks or so for 2005 C6 pcms... In just about every case, we use this unfortunate opportunity to

install my CoW BOOSTER! as it can only be installed here at my place.

It's the best way to TOTALLY TRANSFORM your C6 and is guaranteed to be the most fun mod you ever got for

your car... and it always feels better when you can turn a mess of a situation into a big WIN!

Call me if you want more details. 914-332-0049

Chuck CoW

Hi Chuck thanks for your replay I will be calling you as soon as I get back in town next week. But I am having a hard time finding the computer do you have them for sale or have any suggestions on a place where I can find one. Also once I do get one will I need to take it to a dealer to get it programed and then send it to you. I see several places where they are available for sale but none in stock and they don't ask for a VIN so how will the computer be programed for every option my particular car has are you able to do that or does the dealer need to program it first?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Hi Chuck thanks for your replay I will be calling you as soon as I get back in town next week. But I am having a hard time finding the computer do you have them for sale or have any suggestions on a place where I can find one. Also once I do get one will I need to take it to a dealer to get it programed and then send it to you. I see several places where they are available for sale but none in stock and they don't ask for a VIN so how will the computer be programed for every option my particular car has are you able to do that or does the dealer need to program it first?
I bet Chuck will have you covered on all your concerns ....one stop shop ...
Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 11-10-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:29 AM
03venum
Advanced

Also what is the correct part number for this? 2005 C6 M6 Z51 I see ACDELCO 19210071 but I also see 12597883 as an alternate part number would either of these work?
Chuck CoW (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 01:21 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Be very careful....

Also what is the correct part number for this? 2005 C6 M6 Z51 I see ACDELCO 19210071 but I also see 12597883 as an alternate part number would either of these work?
Be very careful.... Coming from a guy that has seen a few (and munched a few himself) if you put the wrong year file in the

wrong year pcm.... It becomes a doorstop. Also, with E40s in 2005 the BOOTBLOCK can be different as at times

you'll be loading a valid calibration into it.... and it still crashes and becomes a doorstop. Ask me how I know.

Leave it to the pros!
Chuck CoW
Old 11-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Be very careful.... Coming from a guy that has seen a few (and munched a few himself) if you put the wrong year file in the

wrong year pcm.... It becomes a doorstop. Also, with E40s in 2005 the BOOTBLOCK can be different as at times

you'll be loading a valid calibration into it.... and it still crashes and becomes a doorstop. Ask me how I know.

Leave it to the pros!
Chuck CoW
Chuck . I keep telling him ... he needs to just call you or he could end up having two ECM Door stops ....

Dave
Chuck CoW (11-13-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 PM
03venum
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Chuck . I keep telling him ... he needs to just call you or he could end up having two ECM Door stops ....

Dave
I called and talked to him a couple of weeks ago and I think we have a solution if it works out the way he thinks it should. I just pulled out the ECM yesterday so Im trying to get a hold of him email or phone to make sure we are still good to go before I send the old one to him. He thinks he should be able to copy everything over to another working ECM and send it back to me and the car be the exact same that it was and just plug it up and go with the tune it had on it and everything. I think they maybe on vacation or something though right now or just extremely busy.
Chuck CoW (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 04:25 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Just crazy busy as usual....! give me a ring.

I called and talked to him a couple of weeks ago and I think we have a solution if it works out the way he thinks it should. I just pulled out the ECM yesterday so Im trying to get a hold of him email or phone to make sure we are still good to go before I send the old one to him. He thinks he should be able to copy everything over to another working ECM and send it back to me and the car be the exact same that it was and just plug it up and go with the tune it had on it and everything. I think they maybe on vacation or something though right now or just extremely busy.
Just crazy busy as usual....! give me a ring.

I'm there every day of the week.... Just pack it up and send it over with some personal info and I'll call you as soon as it arrives.

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To PCM Help Needed P0601 And HP Tuners

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM Help Needed P0601 And HP Tuners