C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed Texas emission

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:50 PM
DanC8
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Failed Texas emission

Car is supercharged and tuned with HP tuner. Recently changed battery so the inspector told me to put some miles on it before coming back. I drove more than 200 miles but the fuel system and catalyst still not ready for emission testing. I don't have cat so the fuel system need to be complete/ready for the test. Anything in the tune need to be adjust for the fuel system? I do have HP tuner.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:12 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Any set of dtcs related to a test set "no error reported" will come back as ready on the emissions test. You can make them both ready the first time you key the car on if you have access to the tune.

Last edited by sevinn; 12-20-2017 at 07:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DanC8 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 06:13 PM
DanC8
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I went into DTCs page and changed a bunch of lines that had O2 sensor related to "no error reported" then opened VCM scanner to verify emission readiness, only fuel system still incomplete but that was good enough to pass TX emission. Strange thing is on this same tune the fuel system was complete when I passed last year emission.

Get notified of new replies

To Failed Texas emission

Quick Reply: Failed Texas emission