C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pat G Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 05:21 PM
whiteZ
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Pat G Tuning

Just wanted to give a shout out for Pat G, down in Victoria, Texas. I had an ECS supercharger kit installed and the tune was never correct. I was told there were issues that I would have to put up with due to being an ECS kit.

All I can say is wow regarding Pat G. I drove to Victoria from north Texas and after about 2 hours, I drove back in a new car. It drives like it did when it was stock, only better. For those who don't know Pat's a mechanical engineer and as meticulous goes, that would be an understatement on this guys tuning abilities. A guy by the name of Curt runs the Dyno and he's a chemical engineer.

If your in Texas or beyond, it's well worth the drive.

Thanks Pat and Curt
Attached Images  
Old 12-12-2017, 08:11 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Auto or manual and what was it doing before? Just curious, always heard good thing about Pat G!
Old 12-12-2017, 09:46 AM
whiteZ
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Auto or manual and what was it doing before? Just curious, always heard good thing about Pat G!
It's a manual, 2010 Z06. In regards to what it was doing before, constant surging, running rich, continued to crank when starting, both when cold and warm. I was told it was to be expected with a supercharger, especially with the ECS kit.

Regarding, Pat and Kurt, both are engineers and very meticulous and professional. They took the time to actually spend some some time with the car, which included driving the car in numerous scenarios, low speed in 6th gear, WOT, etc.

Now, the car drives better that it did when it was stock. There's no surging at any speed. I can be in 6th gear at 15-20 mph and roll on the throttle without any surge or hesitation. I drove there with a car that I had spent over $6k on including the install and tune that ran like crap, way less than what one would expect after spending that kind of coin.

Going forward, I would not take my car or any future cars to anyone else, PERIOD.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:08 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

That's good to hear, shame that a inexperienced tuner has to blame their downfalls on other's products. I have never heard anything but good reviews from Pat G customers, glad it's sorted out for you.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:54 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by whiteZ
It's a manual, 2010 Z06. In regards to what it was doing before, constant surging, running rich, continued to crank when starting, both when cold and warm. I was told it was to be expected with a supercharger, especially with the ECS kit.

Regarding, Pat and Kurt, both are engineers and very meticulous and professional. They took the time to actually spend some some time with the car, which included driving the car in numerous scenarios, low speed in 6th gear, WOT, etc.

Now, the car drives better that it did when it was stock. There's no surging at any speed. I can be in 6th gear at 15-20 mph and roll on the throttle without any surge or hesitation. I drove there with a car that I had spent over $6k on including the install and tune that ran like crap, way less than what one would expect after spending that kind of coin.
Yeah, that's how it should be. Absolutely no reason for a centri setup on a stock engine to drive any way but stock outside of boost (and obviously a lot faster once in boost..)

More than likely they tried to do a MAF only tune because it's a lot easier/quicker. Glad Pat got you fixed up.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:42 PM
whiteZ
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Yeah, that's how it should be. Absolutely no reason for a centri setup on a stock engine to drive any way but stock outside of boost (and obviously a lot faster once in boost..)

More than likely they tried to do a MAF only tune because it's a lot easier/quicker. Glad Pat got you fixed up.
In the DFW area, tune prices range from $650-750. One would think for that price, excuses would not be an option. I grew up in the 60’s and shops during that era wouldn’t have considered a job complete unless the customer was completely satisfied. I guess some things have changed. Happy holidays everyone.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:28 PM
dragls
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Pat G is good at what he does, he spec'd my cam and it runs good.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Pat G is the man.just recieved tune#4 from him this week.I like his comment this time.car should run faster this time.lol I guess its time to turn it up.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:04 AM
HC Mechanic
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

What’s really a shame is when certain shops don’t even acknowledge someone’s accolades

When you think you’re the absolute authority, people notice and you lose respect quickly.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:53 AM
rajahhindi
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by HC Mechanic
What’s really a shame is when certain shops don’t even acknowledge someone’s accolades

When you think you’re the absolute authority, people notice and you lose respect quickly.
????
Old 01-18-2018, 02:12 AM
HC Mechanic
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rajahhindi
????
They know who they are. Because of their arrogance I will never buy a thing from their shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Pat G Tuning

Quick Reply: Pat G Tuning