C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Active Handling ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 11:52 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Service Active Handling ?

I have a 2011 ZR1 and I have been doing some upgrades nothing that I know of that has t do with the Active Handling or traction control except I have had the console and the bezel around the Nav. unit and heater controls . So I had to disconnect the traction and active handling plugs but I checked to make sure they are still plugged in.
My traction control button turns it off and on but the traction control indicator light does not go off and the "Service Active Handling " message scrolls by.
I connected my Tech 2 and found no DTC codes in that area.
Why does it not throw a DTC code ? What could be the problem?

hitekcm is online now Report Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:59 PM
2012CyberGrayGS
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got the same problem. I am going to follow. Two separate times I had the same spark plug wire come loose and arch on the manifold causing the problem but that is not my problem now.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:05 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2012CyberGrayGS
I just got the same problem. I am going to follow. Two separate times I had the same spark plug wire come loose and arch on the manifold causing the problem but that is not my problem now.
My problem turned out to be the steering being off center. This trows off the active handling so if you did anything to the steering column that may be the problem.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:20 PM
2012CyberGrayGS
Instructor

Originally Posted by hitekcm
My problem turned out to be the steering being off center. This trows off the active handling so if you did anything to the steering column that may be the problem.
How did you fix the problem? My one code is a steering position signal malfunction.

I found out I have 3 codes
Steering position signal malfunction
Right rear speed sensor circuit open or shorted
Right front wheel wheel speed sensor circuit

Thanks
Old 05-08-2018, 09:26 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

you will need a Tech 2 to center the steering I don't think there is anyway to center it without a Tech 2. The tech 2 will tell you the degrees on the steering angle and you have to zero it you are probably negative or positive on the degrees.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:29 PM
2012CyberGrayGS
Instructor

Crap.
Thanks for the info
Old 05-09-2018, 09:53 AM
hitekcm
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2012CyberGrayGS
Crap.
Thanks for the info
If you are a handy DIY guy then consider buying a China Tech 2 knockoff about $400 but will pay for itself just on this repair.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:04 AM
2012CyberGrayGS
Instructor

A firend of mine who was a former Corvette mechanic said he has a Tech 2 and should be able to look at it this week hopefully.
Might be handy to have one of my own anyways. I will have to look into it. Thanks
Old 05-12-2018, 08:18 PM
zras01
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hitekcm
I have a 2011 ZR1 and I have been doing some upgrades nothing that I know of that has t do with the Active Handling or traction control except I have had the console and the bezel around the Nav. unit and heater controls . So I had to disconnect the traction and active handling plugs but I checked to make sure they are still plugged in.
My traction control button turns it off and on but the traction control indicator light does not go off and the "Service Active Handling " message scrolls by.
I connected my Tech 2 and found no DTC codes in that area.
Why does it not throw a DTC code ? What could be the problem?

hitekcm is online now Report Post
I was getting a reduced engine power, check engine light, and service traction control.

My problem was the Vitrese control. My mechanic, using a Snap On diagnostic machine found it was an accelerator voltage problem. I removed the control and I have not had a problem since.

I hope this might be of some help. It was cheap to fix

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling ?

Quick Reply: Service Active Handling ?