C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zurich ZR13 Does it read it all like the GM Tech2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 05:33 PM
sprayer
Drifting

Received 900 Likes on 484 Posts
Default Zurich ZR13 Does it read it all like the GM Tech2?

I am looking at getting a code reader that has the ability to read all the possible codes on our cars. I have read that the GM tech 2 does it but an original on is very expensive and the clones do fail.

Does anyone have the Zurich13? Will it do it all or is there something that it is missing? It says that it will do ABS and SRS.

https://m.harborfreight.com/zr13-obd2-code-reader-with-abssrsfixassist-63806.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20p rovided

Last edited by sprayer; 02-10-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:07 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayer
I am looking at getting a code reader that has the ability to read all the possible codes on our cars. I have read that the GM tech 2 does it but an original on is very expensive and the clones do fail.
Not likely that it will read ALL the codes of a Tech2 or professional grade scan tool. Depends how deep you plan to work on your car.

This one doesn't mention anything about reading codes for other systems such as HVAC, Suspension, Entertainment, BCM (body control module), etc.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:13 AM
sprayer
Drifting

Received 900 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by jft69z
Not likely that it will read ALL the codes of a Tech2 or professional grade scan tool. Depends how deep you plan to work on your car.

This one doesn't mention anything about reading codes for other systems such as HVAC, Suspension, Entertainment, BCM (body control module), etc.
Oh right! Well in that case not worth it. I guess that other one the VXDIAG is the one to go with. From reading the forums it does all the stuff as the Tech2 and works on Win7.

Not really interested in spending thousands on a system but having something that does it all is good to have.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:32 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayer
Oh right! Well in that case not worth it. I guess that other one the VXDIAG is the one to go with. From reading the forums it does all the stuff as the Tech2 and works on Win7.

Not really interested in spending thousands on a system but having something that does it all is good to have.
Hard to say, again it depends on what you plan to do. VXDIAG will require additional equipment such as a compatible laptop, etc. Not as portable as a standalone handheld unit for general troubleshooting, clearing codes, monitoring data and the like.

I have a Tech2 and a SnapOn Modis, both easy to use when troubleshooting if you're crawling all over the car from front to back when figuring out a problem. The ability to cycle things on & off while carrying the scan tool around makes it easier than say, running back and forth to a laptop, or a stationary PC hooked up to a vehicle.

I also have HP Tuners on a laptop for data gathering and tuning, but again, it's a bit more cumbersome than the other tools listed above. All depends what you plan to do.

Let us know how you make out when you get something.

Joe T
Old 02-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

I have not seen any posts about the clones failing , I have mine for over two years , used it may times on my car and my friend's cars ...never had an issue . The power supply is susceptible to failure only if you are feeding it less that 12 volts but I only have seen a few posts about this
For 250 bucks you will not fine a better scan and diagnostic tool for a 2013 and older GM vehicle than a TECH ll

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Zurich ZR13 Does it read it all like the GM Tech2?

Quick Reply: Zurich ZR13 Does it read it all like the GM Tech2?