Do I need to do a relearn process for the following: - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Scan & Tune
Reload this Page >

Do I need to do a relearn process for the following:

Notices
C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to do a relearn process for the following:

Old 03-09-2018, 02:36 PM
double06
CF Senior Member

Default Do I need to do a relearn process for the following:

It is a 2006 C6 Corvette. I see sometimes when you change certain things you need a guy with a Tech 2 (or something else to do a relearn). The following items I have changed: 1) camshaft sensor in timing cover; 2) new accelerator pedal assembly; and 3) crankshaft position sensor. All items replaced with GM parts. Not sure if computer relearns itself, I follow some procedure myself (ie. turn car on rev to 4000 rpm and then shut off etc.) or I need somebody to reset with a computer.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:18 AM
irok
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by double06 View Post
It is a 2006 C6 Corvette. I see sometimes when you change certain things you need a guy with a Tech 2 (or something else to do a relearn). The following items I have changed: 1) camshaft sensor in timing cover; 2) new accelerator pedal assembly; and 3) crankshaft position sensor. All items replaced with GM parts. Not sure if computer relearns itself, I follow some procedure myself (ie. turn car on rev to 4000 rpm and then shut off etc.) or I need somebody to reset with a computer.
according to the factory service manual a CKP Variation Learn Procedure should be done at this time but you could run the car and see if you have any codes or issues and go from there
Old 03-10-2018, 01:08 PM
double06
CF Senior Member

thanks - irok
Old 04-16-2018, 11:46 PM
tblu92
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Yes I would recc. a CKP relearn after changing those pieces regardless if you get a code or not A Texh ll -EFILIVE or HP can do it for you
Old 11-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Rhedrick010

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I was wondering how to do a relearn on an ecu with hptuners?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do I need to do a relearn process for the following:

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: