C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT-4x MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute) SC value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 02:29 AM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default SCT-4x MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute) SC value?

I've had installed a e-Force Edelbrock Stage-1 supercharger onto my LS3 Grand-Sport (dry-sump).

Using the SCT-4X tuner, there's a "gauges" option, one of which shows the MAP (Manifold absolute pressure) value.

I'm currently operating at 5700 feet (Colorado). My pressure here is about 12 PSI.

At idle, engine on, it's at 4.7 PSI.
When I even tap the throttle, it immediately jumps to 15.74 PSI and is not related to the RPMs.
At deceleration (no throttle), it's at 2.1 PSI.

I'm not certain how to read these values correctly to determine SC "boost".

Absolute Pressure (psia) = Gauge Pressure (psig) + Ambient Pressure (psia)

15.74 = x + 12
x = 2.26 PSI?

Doesn't seem right. Sholdn't MAP be related to RPMs and not throttle response under boost? Shouldn't the MAP be something like 20 PSI? I'm trying to make sure my e-Force is working as intended.

I understand often that SCs are about 50% efficient, though the actual rating of the e-Force isn't easily obtained.

Last edited by mikecronis; 03-16-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:43 AM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mikecronis
I've had installed a e-Force Edelbrock Stage-1 supercharger onto my LS3 Grand-Sport (dry-sump).

Using the SCT-4X tuner, there's a "gauges" option, one of which shows the MAP (Manifold absolute pressure) value.

I'm currently operating at 5700 feet (Colorado). My pressure here is about 12 PSI.

At idle, engine on, it's at 4.7 PSI.
When I even tap the throttle, it immediately jumps to 15.74 PSI and is not related to the RPMs.
At deceleration (no throttle), it's at 2.1 PSI.

I'm not certain how to read these values correctly to determine SC "boost".

Absolute Pressure (psia) = Gauge Pressure (psig) + Ambient Pressure (psia)

15.74 = x + 12
x = 2.26 PSI?

Doesn't seem right. Sholdn't MAP be related to RPMs and not throttle response under boost? Shouldn't the MAP be something like 20 PSI? I'm trying to make sure my e-Force is working as intended.

I understand often that SCs are about 50% efficient, though the actual rating of the e-Force isn't easily obtained.
Note* Ignition ON Engine OFF is 11.74 PSI at 5700 feet it seems.

Quick Reply: SCT-4x MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute) SC value?