C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you all run your wideband sensor wire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default How did you all run your wideband sensor wire?

Like the title says, I'm installing headers this week with a wideband sensor/gauge. I'm wondering what is the best way to run the wiring from the wideband into the car? Up the tunnel and through the firewall? Or is there a way to bring it in under the console and through the dash?

'11 GS M6 if that makes any difference in what grommets are available, etc.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 732 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete2k_Z28
Like the title says, I'm installing headers this week with a wideband sensor/gauge. I'm wondering what is the best way to run the wiring from the wideband into the car? Up the tunnel and through the firewall? Or is there a way to bring it in under the console and through the dash?

'11 GS M6 if that makes any difference in what grommets are available, etc.

Thanks!
I removed the dead pedal (drivers left foot rest) and ran mine through there. I can't remember if I drilled a hole or used an existing thru hole? Anyway, I used a grommet and black sealant to prevent exhaust or moisture from coming through.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
I removed the dead pedal (drivers left foot rest) and ran mine through there. I can't remember if I drilled a hole or used an existing thru hole? Anyway, I used a grommet and black sealant to prevent exhaust or moisture from coming through.
Thanks!
Old 03-28-2018, 08:55 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

There's a similar grommet on the pass side where the main harness goes in that I used as well.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Rod2013C6
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 61 Posts

I just did this last week and i found the best way was to run the power wire from the fuse block under the carpet passenger side and the sensor cable thru the shifter boot...the easiest way to do it
Old 04-17-2018, 08:58 PM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rod2013C6
I just did this last week and i found the best way was to run the power wire from the fuse block under the carpet passenger side and the sensor cable thru the shifter boot...the easiest way to do it
Thanks! This is exactly what I did!
Old 04-18-2018, 06:52 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Are you using the wideband to run your engine in Closed Loop all the time OR are you simple using the wideband to do testing of your AFR's at WOT ??
If you are using it only for testing I always just run the wires thru the passenger window
If you are using the wideband to run the engine all the time at P/T---I ask WHY ?
What is your thinking that you believe you need a wideband rather than the stock narrowband to run your eng at P/T ??? I see no advantage--- Read the AFR's with your wideband only for testing at WOT ---Re adjust your PE settings in your tune to achieve whatever AFR you want rinse and repeat until you get your desired AFR's
PS----Remember that the only correct AFR readings used to tune in when your car's trans is in a 1:1 ratio OR on an automatic 3rd gear--On a manual trans test the AFR's in the gear that is 1:1 only at WOT----AFR's readings when the trans is OVERDRIVEN are in accurate and always RICH and bounce all over the place---
Old 04-18-2018, 08:23 PM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tblu92
Are you using the wideband to run your engine in Closed Loop all the time OR are you simple using the wideband to do testing of your AFR's at WOT ??
If you are using it only for testing I always just run the wires thru the passenger window
If you are using the wideband to run the engine all the time at P/T---I ask WHY ?
What is your thinking that you believe you need a wideband rather than the stock narrowband to run your eng at P/T ??? I see no advantage--- Read the AFR's with your wideband only for testing at WOT ---Re adjust your PE settings in your tune to achieve whatever AFR you want rinse and repeat until you get your desired AFR's
PS----Remember that the only correct AFR readings used to tune in when your car's trans is in a 1:1 ratio OR on an automatic 3rd gear--On a manual trans test the AFR's in the gear that is 1:1 only at WOT----AFR's readings when the trans is OVERDRIVEN are in accurate and always RICH and bounce all over the place---
I permanently installed an AEM gauge. It also has an analog out for HP Tuners. The ECM is still on the stock O2's.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:43 PM
nitrousgp
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
No one I know of replaces their narrowband O2 sensors with widebands for day-to-day driving. You would need to properly simulate the narrowband. They add a bung.

Most also install a permanent gauge with a wideband O2. Hence the need to route the cable properly.

Get notified of new replies

To How did you all run your wideband sensor wire?

Quick Reply: How did you all run your wideband sensor wire?