C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners VATS disable

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 12:44 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

Default HPTuners VATS disable

just curious if anyone has more information on this than I have come up with. My C6 race car is notorious for not recognizing the FOB. The dash is completely gutted, but I relocated the fob receivers as close to the original location as I could. Even the FOB Pocket, which is still in the car, doesn't start the car reliably

Anyway, I re-flashed my PCM with the VAT's disable option in HPTuners, and it is doing much better. The FOB still has to be present, but not exactly in the driver seat. It's like it uses the larger area that originally would have worked for door lock/unlock, instead of the small area of the drivers' seat as it originally would have functioned.

Again, just curious if anyone knows exactly what these options do, as even my contact at HPTuners couldn't give me an exact answer.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:56 AM
Stig_C6
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
just curious if anyone has more information on this than I have come up with. My C6 race car is notorious for not recognizing the FOB. The dash is completely gutted, but I relocated the fob receivers as close to the original location as I could. Even the FOB Pocket, which is still in the car, doesn't start the car reliably

Anyway, I re-flashed my PCM with the VAT's disable option in HPTuners, and it is doing much better. The FOB still has to be present, but not exactly in the driver seat. It's like it uses the larger area that originally would have worked for door lock/unlock, instead of the small area of the drivers' seat as it originally would have functioned.

Again, just curious if anyone knows exactly what these options do, as even my contact at HPTuners couldn't give me an exact answer.
Do you have any updates on this? I started gutting my car and ended up moving the FOB receiver. After that, the car started not finding the FOB. I played with the location of the receiver and it got better, but still not reliable.

As a side question, do you still use the remote opening for door and trunk?

Thanks
Steven

Last edited by Stig_C6; 09-13-2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:57 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 145 Posts

Idk how much more complicated the C6 is, but for VATS on the C5, you can jump a wire and bypass VATS...
Old 04-23-2021, 09:33 AM
Sub8
Pro

Received 107 Likes on 94 Posts

David did you ever get any more info on this topic?

My car is also becoming increasingly sensitive to key fob, relaxing the system would give me a bit more confidence!
Old 04-28-2021, 09:24 AM
Sub8
Pro

Anyone run with VATS disabled in C6?
Old 05-29-2021, 06:38 PM
David Lively
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't disabled this, but: on a stock car, the fob has to be *in* the car, not just nearby, in order to start it. I'm not sure if the car uses multiple sensors and, say, relative signal strength (triangulation) to figure out if the fob is inside vs sitting on the hood, but the position of the receiver is pretty important.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:16 PM
Sub8
Pro

Originally Posted by David Lively
I haven't disabled this, but: on a stock car, the fob has to be *in* the car, not just nearby, in order to start it. I'm not sure if the car uses multiple sensors and, say, relative signal strength (triangulation) to figure out if the fob is inside vs sitting on the hood, but the position of the receiver is pretty important.
I performed a long program of the fobs and it now detects the fob in the centre console. Go figure...
The following users liked this post:
David Lively (06-08-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To HPTuners VATS disable

Quick Reply: HPTuners VATS disable