C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe: How to hack and Upgrade Your Car, using CAN bus

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 10:25 AM
STB2
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maybe: How to hack and Upgrade Your Car, using CAN bus

Good morning,

I ran across this link, shown below, this morning involving a Peugeot I don't have the patience or knowledge to decipher it, but it looked interesting. If you go to the end of the presentation and click on the video, it will show you (it seems) what this project accomplished. He does not explain the objective at the beginning in layman's terms I could understand.

Possibly, some folks on this forum might find it useful. If not, all I can say is, it looked interesting. If this project does anything worthwhile, I wonder if it could be displayed using the Heads Up Display.... ?

What I suspect this project may do is allow one to determine which module on the OBD bus is problematic. Apparently, many modules are (serially?) linked on the bus thereby causing a "hit and miss" determination of which module on the OBD bus is problematic. But, this is a guess or hope on my part since the explanation was beyond my desire to decipher.

Here is the link one may copy and paste in their browser:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...m_medium=email

Leo.
The following users liked this post:
72greg (08-31-2020)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:17 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Thanks for the link. I believe there are already a few companies that offer hardware to interface with the HUD and provide some custom data.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:01 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
Thanks for the link. I believe there are already a few companies that offer hardware to interface with the HUD and provide some custom data.
Dash logic does. Very cool little device.

Get notified of new replies

To Maybe: How to hack and Upgrade Your Car, using CAN bus

Quick Reply: Maybe: How to hack and Upgrade Your Car, using CAN bus