C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCM Swap, Tampa Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Z09SS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Default BCM Swap, Tampa Area

The fuse that gives battery power to the HVAC module is loose.

Wiggle the fuse and the power comes back on. Very irritating in Florida summer!

GM in their infinite wisdom put a fuse panel in the case with the computer AND made it so you can't get into the BCM unless you destroy the two threaded tubes that hold two of the connectors on. Otherwise this would be a simple solder job.

The mechanical part of replacing the entire module looks simple enough, it's that I can't program it to the vehicle.

I haven't bought a replacement BCM yet, and would be willing to pay a shop to do the whole job, I just need a single day turn around because this is my daily driver.

Who do y'all recommend?

Thanks!

Last edited by Z09SS; 08-14-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Donzo6
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z09SS
The fuse that gives battery power to the HVAC module is loose.

Wiggle the fuse and the power comes back on. Very irritating in Florida summer!

GM in their infinite wisdom put a fuse panel in the case with the computer AND made it so you can't get into the BCM unless you destroy the two threaded tubes that hold two of the connectors on. Otherwise this would be a simple solder job.

The mechanical part of replacing the entire module looks simple enough, it's that I can't program it to the vehicle.

I haven't bought a replacement BCM yet, and would be willing to pay a shop to do the whole job, I just need a single day turn around because this is my daily driver.

Who do y'all recommend?

Thanks!
Give Brenton Brown a call at Forza Motorsports in Clearwater. He is my guy.

Quick Reply: BCM Swap, Tampa Area