C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unable to read LS9 ECM

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 02:52 PM
LeForce
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Unable to read LS9 ECM

A few months back I purchased a brand new LS9 engine along with a harness & controller for an engine swap project. I also purchased HP Tuners MPVI Pro suit in case I need to scan or modify the tune. After I turned ignition on, the VCM editor software didn't recognize the ECM & I was unable to read the tune file! I turned the engine on & tried the scanner, VCM scanner seem to have connected to the ECM as the connect (car) icon went blank after clicking it, but software didn't seem to read any parameter, not a single reading! I tried right clicking on the parameters on the left of the screen picking 'add channel' only to get the message that I need to be connected to the car first!
I'm new to HP Tuners & I'd appreciate your help.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:17 PM
HPTuners
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello, I would recommend contacting support with this issue and they should be able to help you out. You can do this through the contact tab on our website https://www.hptuners.com/ , or with a direct email to support@hptuners.com
Old 09-14-2018, 12:47 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

If I'm hearing you correctly you are having NO COMMUNICATION to your ECM
Typically the tuner box will not light up and will be dead
The most common issue for this is
GM hides the fuse to your OBD2 port onto your "cigartette lighter" fuse
So if you are using any devices that uses the cig lighter for power it often times will fry the fuse and the ECM will not communicate--We were taught at EFILIVE to discourage all owners to use any charging devices that use the cig lighter as this circuit powers up your 0BD2 port

Get notified of new replies

To Unable to read LS9 ECM

Quick Reply: Unable to read LS9 ECM