Random Tune Questions - Credits - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Tune Questions - Credits

Old 09-05-2018, 05:39 PM
LS1Steve
CF Senior Member

Default Random Tune Questions - Credits

When going to a shop (that professionally tunes), do they have to purchase universal credits at full cost? Or do they have some special deal? (assume HP Tuners)
I'd assume that is baked into the tuning cost to the customer. If so, and if I'm returning to the same shop for re-tune, is it reasonable to ask for that discount since they already have existing credits for my ECM?

Last edited by LS1Steve; 09-05-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:46 PM
schpenxel
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15

They do have to pay for credits but may get a small discount (think 5-10% max), however, if they do a lot of tuning they very well may have unlimited licenses for your model/year by that point.. in which case they don't have to buy anything

I do believe re-tunes should be discounted somewhat for small changes. i.e. adding headers after it was already tuned for a supercharger I wouldn't charge full price.

Now, going from a HCI setup to a FI setup or something like that I'd charge full price (or at least close to it)

I wouldn't charge for credits the second time regardless.

So, just depends on the details I guess.

Last edited by schpenxel; 09-07-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:05 PM
jim2092
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

A re-tune should not include the one time cost of credits charged in the first tune. Continued charges for credits would be misleading.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: