C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner for an LS3 A6

Old 09-14-2018, 10:58 AM
C6Tally
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best tuner for an LS3 A6

I'm returning to the forum after being gone for a couple of years.
When I was here before I had an '05 Z51 M6 and I put an intake, Pipe, and axle back exhaust on it with a Diablo Sport tune by Lew about 5 years ago.

I was pretty happy with the results and I now have a '10 base A6, 4LT. I'm going to do a similar setup on this one, possibly with long tube headers.
I'm wondering how much has changed in the tuner world at this time.

Does anyone have a similar setup with the A6 that they are happy with and could recommend some direction for a tuner to help firm up the shifts and have the A/F ratio adjustments available when I swap out parts in the next few months?

Thanks in advance

Trey
Old 09-15-2018, 09:50 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

I had Diablo Lew do the tune on my "bolt on" 2011 C6 along with his transmission tune . I was very happy with the results ....

Dave
Old 09-15-2018, 09:31 PM
C6Tally
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I had Diablo Lew do the tune on my "bolt on" 2011 C6 along with his transmission tune . I was very happy with the results ....

Dave

10-4 thanks. Did you use one of the canned tunes that comes with it first or go straight with one of his tunes?
Old 09-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C6Tally
10-4 thanks. Did you use one of the canned tunes that comes with it first or go straight with one of his tunes?
For a header tune a Diablo is fine , I started with the 93 tune and firm shift tune , turn off Torque Managemnt as it limits your power to 380 HP in 1st and 2nd gear ..
then did the CAI , headers , and fast 102 ... logged the car and then enlisted Lew . Loaded the new custome tune , log ....a wide open run , sent to Lew again ... you can rinse and repeat as many times as u need to . Just as good as a street tune but done remotely

Dave
Old 09-15-2018, 10:10 PM
C6Tally
Instructor

For a header tune a Diablo is fine , I started with the 93 tune and firm shift tune , turn off Torque Managemnt as it limits your power to 380 HP in 1st and 2nd gear ..
then did the CAI , headers , and fast 102 ... logged the car and then enlisted Lew . Loaded the new custome tune , log ....a wide open run , sent to Lew again ... you can rinse and repeat as many times as u need to . Just as good as a street tune but done remotely

Dave
Gotcha. How was the 93 & firm shift tune in yours?

I did the data logging tune with Lew on my last one but it was an M6.

I think I'll wait until I do the header addition before I bring him in on this one as well.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Gotcha. How was the 93 & firm shift tune in yours?

I did the data logging tune with Lew on my last one but it was an M6.

I think I'll wait until I do the header addition before I bring him in on this one as well.
The motor responded well to the 93 tune but the biggest gain cam from shutting off torque management....

this is a gain that you can feel ...

Dave
Old 09-16-2018, 06:32 AM
C6Tally
Instructor

The motor responded well to the 93 tune but the biggest gain cam from shutting off torque management....

this is a gain that you can feel ...

Dave

That's the info I was looking for. This one feels like it has a little vibration from about 2500-4500 rpms and I was wondering if it had something to do with the traction control / torque management.

Thanks Dave

Trey
Old 10-30-2018, 11:23 PM
0Tampa Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 91 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Corvette tuner in Tampa

I was pretty happy with the results and I now have a '10 base A6, 4LT. I'm going to do a similar setup on this one, possibly with long tube headers.
I'm wondering how much has changed in the tuner world at this time.

Thanks in advance

Trey
I bought an A6 2010 Camaro ss so I could get a better feel and understanding of how I want the 6L80's to shift. I R&D 100's of logging hours before I feel I've perfected them. What I saw what most guys just add line pressure. In the 8 and 10 speed transmissions there's far less to change. There pretty fast on their own.

How Im Different and make the money is I make changes to the torque management system. I found this way the best. The more throttle you apply, the firmer the shift will because. In normal traffic, the transmission shifts a little shorter than stock. Go spirited driving and get ready to chirp a gear. I have 90% automatic clients because thats who I Taylor the transmission settings for. You can make it custom for each owner using the D mode and M mode Lots of tables to change, but that what your paying me to do and I do it right
The following users liked this post:
C6Tally (11-02-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
GRCTampa
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 96 Posts

Highly satisfied with the tune done for me by Tampa Tuning. Phil is highly skilled and is very thorough in his work.
Check out https://shop.tampatuning.com/home.html to learn more then get in touch with Phil. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
C6Tally (11-02-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Best tuner for an LS3 A6

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best tuner for an LS3 A6