Best tuner for an LS3 A6 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner for an LS3 A6

Old 09-14-2018, 11:58 AM
  #1  
C6Tally
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Tallahassee area Fl
Posts: 129
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Best tuner for an LS3 A6

I'm returning to the forum after being gone for a couple of years.
When I was here before I had an '05 Z51 M6 and I put an intake, Pipe, and axle back exhaust on it with a Diablo Sport tune by Lew about 5 years ago.

I was pretty happy with the results and I now have a '10 base A6, 4LT. I'm going to do a similar setup on this one, possibly with long tube headers.
I'm wondering how much has changed in the tuner world at this time.

Does anyone have a similar setup with the A6 that they are happy with and could recommend some direction for a tuner to help firm up the shifts and have the A/F ratio adjustments available when I swap out parts in the next few months?


Thanks in advance

Trey
C6Tally is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 10:50 AM
  #2  
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 4,206
Thanked 625 Times in 540 Posts
Default

I had Diablo Lew do the tune on my "bolt on" 2011 C6 along with his transmission tune . I was very happy with the results ....

Dave
Dcasole is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 10:31 PM
  #3  
C6Tally
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Tallahassee area Fl
Posts: 129
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
I had Diablo Lew do the tune on my "bolt on" 2011 C6 along with his transmission tune . I was very happy with the results ....

Dave

10-4 thanks. Did you use one of the canned tunes that comes with it first or go straight with one of his tunes?
C6Tally is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 PM
  #4  
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 4,206
Thanked 625 Times in 540 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C6Tally View Post
10-4 thanks. Did you use one of the canned tunes that comes with it first or go straight with one of his tunes?
For a header tune a Diablo is fine , I started with the 93 tune and firm shift tune , turn off Torque Managemnt as it limits your power to 380 HP in 1st and 2nd gear ..
then did the CAI , headers , and fast 102 ... logged the car and then enlisted Lew . Loaded the new custome tune , log ....a wide open run , sent to Lew again ... you can rinse and repeat as many times as u need to . Just as good as a street tune but done remotely

Dave
Dcasole is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 11:10 PM
  #5  
C6Tally
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Tallahassee area Fl
Posts: 129
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
For a header tune a Diablo is fine , I started with the 93 tune and firm shift tune , turn off Torque Managemnt as it limits your power to 380 HP in 1st and 2nd gear ..
then did the CAI , headers , and fast 102 ... logged the car and then enlisted Lew . Loaded the new custome tune , log ....a wide open run , sent to Lew again ... you can rinse and repeat as many times as u need to . Just as good as a street tune but done remotely

Dave
Gotcha. How was the 93 & firm shift tune in yours?

I did the data logging tune with Lew on my last one but it was an M6.

I think I'll wait until I do the header addition before I bring him in on this one as well.
C6Tally is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 11:52 PM
  #6  
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 4,206
Thanked 625 Times in 540 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C6Tally View Post
Gotcha. How was the 93 & firm shift tune in yours?

I did the data logging tune with Lew on my last one but it was an M6.

I think I'll wait until I do the header addition before I bring him in on this one as well.
The motor responded well to the 93 tune but the biggest gain cam from shutting off torque management....

this is a gain that you can feel ...

Dave
Dcasole is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 07:32 AM
  #7  
C6Tally
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Tallahassee area Fl
Posts: 129
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
The motor responded well to the 93 tune but the biggest gain cam from shutting off torque management....

this is a gain that you can feel ...

Dave

That's the info I was looking for. This one feels like it has a little vibration from about 2500-4500 rpms and I was wondering if it had something to do with the traction control / torque management.

Thanks Dave

Trey
C6Tally is offline  
Old 10-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  #8  
Tampa Tuning
Supporting Vendor
 
Tampa Tuning's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 828
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Corvette tuner in Tampa

Originally Posted by C6Tally View Post

I was pretty happy with the results and I now have a '10 base A6, 4LT. I'm going to do a similar setup on this one, possibly with long tube headers.
I'm wondering how much has changed in the tuner world at this time.

Thanks in advance

Trey
I bought an A6 2010 Camaro ss so I could get a better feel and understanding of how I want the 6L80's to shift. I R&D 100's of logging hours before I feel I've perfected them. What I saw what most guys just add line pressure. In the 8 and 10 speed transmissions there's far less to change. There pretty fast on their own.

How Im Different and make the money is I make changes to the torque management system. I found this way the best. The more throttle you apply, the firmer the shift will because. In normal traffic, the transmission shifts a little shorter than stock. Go spirited driving and get ready to chirp a gear. I have 90% automatic clients because thats who I Taylor the transmission settings for. You can make it custom for each owner using the D mode and M mode Lots of tables to change, but that what your paying me to do and I do it right
__________________

aka PhilsC5vette 2010 ZR1 Owner www.TampaTuning.com
EMAIL: [email protected]
Street Performance Tune Package starting from $295.00
Instagram: TampaTuning
Tampa Tuning is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tampa Tuning For This Useful Post:
C6Tally (11-02-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 10:35 PM
  #9  
GRCTampa
CF Senior Member
 
GRCTampa's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 409
Thanked 72 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Highly satisfied with the tune done for me by Tampa Tuning. Phil is highly skilled and is very thorough in his work.
Check out https://shop.tampatuning.com/home.html to learn more then get in touch with Phil. Good luck!
GRCTampa is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GRCTampa For This Useful Post:
C6Tally (11-02-2018)


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: