LS3 cam/boltons/150 shot How much timing are you on? 1/4 times? Trap Speed? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Scan & Tune
Reload this Page >

LS3 cam/boltons/150 shot How much timing are you on? 1/4 times? Trap Speed?

Notices
C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 cam/boltons/150 shot How much timing are you on? 1/4 times? Trap Speed?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:23 PM
emoFTW
CF Senior Member

Default LS3 cam/boltons/150 shot How much timing are you on? 1/4 times? Trap Speed?

Well I recently finished my nitrous kit on cam'd ls3 and took it to the track this weekend. Managed a 10.87 @ 132mph with a 1.7x 60ft. Only managed to get two runs in with the bottle. I think its got a little more in it, but I feel as I should be trapping a little higher. On motor I managed an 11.43 @ 124. So I roughly only gained 8mph with a 150 shot which seems a little low to me.

Bolt ons
BTR stage 4 cam
NO plate kit
62 nitrous jet
50 Fuel jet with 6psi fuel pressure on a Holley Blue
Stand alone fuel cell with 110 in the tank
91 oct is the base fuel
Yes it is a 6spd car.

I tried adding 1 degree of timing to tune and the car didn't trap any higher, So I just set it back to where it was.

How many degrees of timing are you guys running? On my n/a tune it is 23-24 degrees, on the nitrous tune it is 16-17 degrees of timing. I figured with 110 in the cell I should be running a little more timing. I logged a few runs and it showed .2 kr so kicked it down another degree to 17*. AFR's were roughly high 11s to low 12s.

Didn't get the chance to read any plugs at the track since it was nearing closing time and lines were long. Read a few plugs while doing street pulls and they seemed to be "ok" to me. Timing strap was definitely on the safe side still.
I plan on throwing it on the dyno before I hit the track again, but just seeing what you guys thought.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: