C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Immobilizer Unit/Sec light

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 04:07 PM
wilson49
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Immobilizer Unit/Sec light

I have a 2007 Z06 that I recently did heads/cam to. After I finished the install I drove the car, untuned, to a local AC repair shop to have the system evacuated and recharged. When I picked the car up the security light (yellow padlock) was illuminated on dash. Car started fine and drove fine, but I noticed it didn't seem to lock correctly when I parked it. Also noted that the drivers side window went down when the door release button was depressed, but didn't go back up all the way - left about an ⅛" gap.

Anyway I read some forum articles and related posts and I did what I found to be a GM reset of the immobilizer. Since then it seems to be OKAY, but have only trailered the car and driven it on the dyne to be tuned. Was this most likely a low battery issue, or maybe the tech reaching into the car with a window down when working on AC, or are there any common mistakes made during heads/cam removal that have lead to immobilizer issues. My immediate thought was a battery or ground.

Quick Reply: Question on Immobilizer Unit/Sec light