C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 corvette A6 sluggish on the bottom end

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 02:48 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 2010 corvette A6 sluggish on the bottom end

It’s all stock nothing done. Driving around town playing and enjoying the pretty day if I nail it it just seems dead or big delay from a stop I know auto it does that and might have a lot to do with factory tune Will this change once it’s tuned and will it wake up and be the best it’s capable of?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:43 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Yes. There will be a very noticeable difference if done right.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:24 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Awesome. Love the car and a blast to drive. I know it has a lot in the tank can’t wait till I wake the beast up
Originally Posted by jim2092
Yes. There will be a very noticeable difference if done right.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:57 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond
It’s all stock nothing done. Driving around town playing and enjoying the pretty day if I nail it it just seems dead or big delay from a stop I know auto it does that and might have a lot to do with factory tune Will this change once it’s tuned and will it wake up and be the best it’s capable of?
This should be an easy if you can find a tuner who knows what they're doing.

The underlying cause is due to the PCM pulling out a ton of spark timing when you floor it from a dead stop. Basically what happens is when the throttle opens quickly you get a ton of extra air coming in and the computer thinks it's gonna cause engine knock so it pulls the timing to protect the engine.

My friend just took his 2010 to the track for the first time and in the HP Tuners scans it shows the timing dropping all the way down from 20 degrees to something like negative 8 before it eventually starts to recover.

Once the tuner identifies the portion of the tune where the timing should be added, the trick to doing it safely is to only add a couple of degrees at a time to make sure you aren't getting any real knock.

If done correctly you should be able to light up the tires from a dead stop pretty easily.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:59 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

That’s what I am wanting. Wanting the car to feel like a real sports car. But I do get it being protected and safe and not causing issues
Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans

The underlying cause is due to the PCM pulling out a ton of spark timing when you floor it from a dead stop. Basically what happens is when the throttle opens quickly you get a ton of extra air coming in and the computer thinks it's gonna cause engine knock so it pulls the timing to protect the engine.

My friend just took his 2010 to the track for the first time and in the HP Tuners scans it shows the timing dropping all the way down from 20 degrees to something like negative 8 before it eventually starts to recover.

Once the tuner identifies the portion of the tune where the timing should be added, the trick to doing it safely is to only add a couple of degrees at a time to make sure you aren't getting any real knock.

If done correctly you should be able to light up the tires from a dead stop pretty easily.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:01 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond
Its all the Torque Management that GM has in the computer to make the car be a fun sucker. After its tuned, it will shift faster up and down, be quicker through the RPM band, and not knock.

The computer dials back power.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:33 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Perfect. Well hope with in a couple months I will be buying parts and getting things ready to tune and put together. Can’t wait
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
Its all the Torque Management that GM has in the computer to make the car be a fun sucker. After its tuned, it will shift faster up and down, be quicker through the RPM band, and not knock.

The computer dials back power.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:29 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

The learning curve for picking the tune and the parts is pretty steep as you are finding out. Pick the shop to do the work instead. Houston is the Corvette performance capital of the world. There are a number of shops in that general area that are well know for Corvette tuning and performance work. They can do a very worthwhile tune on your auto tranny Corvette right now that will make you smile. And then do your parts install and tune later. (tune maybe free). Find the right shop, the rest will take care of itself.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:45 AM
Hitesh Sonegra
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by southofHoustonVette
HI there. I am having a similar problem with mine. Base LS3 Auto. Did you find a solution? Did you get it tuned?
I was getting random misfire codes which have gone away but, the car feels very sluggish specially of the line
Old 07-19-2019, 11:56 AM
Hitesh Sonegra
Intermediate

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans

Thanks for the info! I am having the same problem. Not sure if related but, I started getting problems after running a can of seafoam through the pcv valve. I was getting the engine light come on the dash along with the service active handling message and engine ticking noses. The idle would be super rough but never stalled. Eventually, the lights went away but the ticking noise is still there and not as apparent as before.
Car very slow off the line and seems better after 3k rpm. I will have to find a shop here in Vancouver that I can trust to look into your recommendation
Cheers!
Old 07-20-2019, 05:05 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Originally Posted by Hitesh Sonegra
HI there. I am having a similar problem with mine. Base LS3 Auto. Did you find a solution? Did you get it tuned?
I was getting random misfire codes which have gone away but, the car feels very sluggish specially of the line
No I have not yet. Hope to have it done soon.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:14 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Guys, READ THE MANUAL!

I have a 2011 GS and what happens when it's in Auto mode, the car STARTS OUT IN 2ND GEAR to avoid wheelspin!!

Put it in sport mode, and use the paddles to shift. Start out in 1st and then nail it, the world instantly comes alive and the entire car becomes a true sports car.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:51 PM
Hitesh Sonegra
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I actually tried that as well. There is something really wrong. Seems to be an issue between 1-2k rpm. I even heard noisy valves and some backfiring. The power seems ok after 3k rpm. The funny thing is that it seems fine when cold. Yesterday, I got the flashing engine light along with the service handling messages which went away.
I am going to try a new MAF today after work and will see if it helps!

Note: tech tool shows random misfires so, unable to track it down. Already tried new plugs, wires. Tried swapping coils and fuel injectors too

Last edited by Hitesh Sonegra; 07-20-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Omega Doom
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by southofHoustonVette
No I have not yet. Hope to have it done soon.
I recently had mine Tuned by AMP in the DFW area and with the only mods being a Haltech CAI and exhaust it put down 405rwhp/ 408rwtq but the tranny being tuned is what I noticed most it been a very fun car to drive now just debating on which cam
to install along with the Yank converter looking for high 10s in the 1/4 and a solid roll race occasional car lol
The following users liked this post:
southofHoustonVette (07-20-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 06:44 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Mcrider
Guys, READ THE MANUAL!

I have a 2011 GS and what happens when it's in Auto mode, the car STARTS OUT IN 2ND GEAR to avoid wheelspin!!

Put it in sport mode, and use the paddles to shift. Start out in 1st and then nail it, the world instantly comes alive and the entire car becomes a true sports car.
That can be changed in the tune

Last edited by phils C5 vette; 07-29-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:32 AM
gotthafever
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2011 Grand Sport with everything stock. I would like to get it tuned. Where is the closest shop as I live in Iowa. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 corvette A6 sluggish on the bottom end

Quick Reply: 2010 corvette A6 sluggish on the bottom end